Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 Dissident and Is Anybody Here

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
guitarisPIMP Posted - 10/08/2004 : 5:33:43 PM
omfg.....what key are these both in, and what is the chord names...? anyone know? if so, teach me, oh wise one!
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
dan p. Posted - 10/15/2004 : 6:40:31 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Poparad
Is Anybody Here is a bit more on the tonal side, but again it floats between a number of sounds, and not any one particular key. The chords are mostly Am and Em, with some A major and E major chords thrown in, and also some added color tones that don't belong normally with the chords. Again, the sounds in this song are chosen for their sound, and not because they are from a specific key.

sounds like it goes from a minor to a major.
Jamie M Posted - 10/15/2004 : 5:59:53 PM
For the improv in Is Anybody Here, I'd say the key is Ab minor (B major).
guitarisPIMP Posted - 10/09/2004 : 2:32:17 PM
interesting....
Poparad Posted - 10/08/2004 : 10:53:35 PM
Dissident is not in any one key. The chords in the song are chosen for their dissonant notes and clusters in voicings (notes major or minor 2nds, i.e. 1 or 2 frets apart). Dissident is almost an atonal piece as it has no real home key or sound.

Is Anybody Here is a bit more on the tonal side, but again it floats between a number of sounds, and not any one particular key. The chords are mostly Am and Em, with some A major and E major chords thrown in, and also some added color tones that don't belong normally with the chords. Again, the sounds in this song are chosen for their sound, and not because they are from a specific key.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000