Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 Good Wood

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JoeGamo05 Posted - 05/12/2004 : 3:36:46 PM
hey i'm lookin to build a custom martin.. whats the best kidna wood i'm not lookin to jack the price up to like 1500 jus cuz of the wood i just want one that is inbetween$$ and sounds good... thanks
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 05/15/2004 : 1:05:19 PM
Solid Rosewood back and sides. Spruce top.

Adam
JoeGamo05 Posted - 05/14/2004 : 09:06:40 AM
i just hate all the inlays really.. i just wanted to get a guitar thats jus pure wood :) i have a d-16gt that is awsome and i love
sciphish Posted - 05/13/2004 : 10:20:31 PM
unless your looking for something special or something maxed out, there isnt really a reason for a custom (personally). But i just bought a om-35 and i am in love. Another thing to keep in mind is the body. Different shapes make different tones. Like for mine, normally on's dont have tons of bass, but because of the 3 piece back (which looks sweet) it has alot more bass.
Macht Posted - 05/13/2004 : 7:07:26 PM
one of my guitars has East Indian Rosewood. Really nice guitar for bass sounds. Its pretty rich. I would suggest it.
Arthen Posted - 05/13/2004 : 1:05:47 PM
Well, practically any Martin you get has that great bass tone. Consider rosewood.
JoeGamo05 Posted - 05/13/2004 : 09:49:49 AM
like somethign that has really deep bass kinda i'm trying to get into bass slaps and incorprate them but mayb ei'm jsut better off goin to a store and checking out guitars with differnt wood one them.. i looked at that site i loveeee the look of the hawaiin wood but it seems like it dosn't have very nice tone :'(
Macht Posted - 05/12/2004 : 6:27:12 PM
On Martin website they have some woods they use each with description of it. Not sure what tone your looking for so: http://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/features/tonewood/index.html

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000