Good Wood
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JoeGamo05
Chatterbox

USA
279 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2004 :  3:36:46 PM  Show Profile  Send JoeGamo05 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hey i'm lookin to build a custom martin.. whats the best kidna wood i'm not lookin to jack the price up to like 1500 jus cuz of the wood i just want one that is inbetween$$ and sounds good... thanks

When the trees start walking, the ground starts moving, your insane, your insane

Macht
Chatterbox

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2004 :  6:27:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Macht an AOL message  Reply with Quote
On Martin website they have some woods they use each with description of it. Not sure what tone your looking for so: http://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/features/tonewood/index.html

Authorities here are alert
Go to Top of Page

JoeGamo05
Chatterbox

USA
279 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2004 :  09:49:49 AM  Show Profile  Send JoeGamo05 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
like somethign that has really deep bass kinda i'm trying to get into bass slaps and incorprate them but mayb ei'm jsut better off goin to a store and checking out guitars with differnt wood one them.. i looked at that site i loveeee the look of the hawaiin wood but it seems like it dosn't have very nice tone :'(

When the trees start walking, the ground starts moving, your insane, your insane
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2004 :  1:05:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, practically any Martin you get has that great bass tone. Consider rosewood.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Macht
Chatterbox

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2004 :  7:07:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Macht an AOL message  Reply with Quote
one of my guitars has East Indian Rosewood. Really nice guitar for bass sounds. Its pretty rich. I would suggest it.

Authorities here are alert
Go to Top of Page

sciphish
Chatterbox

USA
155 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2004 :  10:20:31 PM  Show Profile  Send sciphish an AOL message  Reply with Quote
unless your looking for something special or something maxed out, there isnt really a reason for a custom (personally). But i just bought a om-35 and i am in love. Another thing to keep in mind is the body. Different shapes make different tones. Like for mine, normally on's dont have tons of bass, but because of the 3 piece back (which looks sweet) it has alot more bass.

I'm almost there...
Go to Top of Page

JoeGamo05
Chatterbox

USA
279 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2004 :  09:06:40 AM  Show Profile  Send JoeGamo05 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i just hate all the inlays really.. i just wanted to get a guitar thats jus pure wood :) i have a d-16gt that is awsome and i love

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2004 :  1:05:19 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Solid Rosewood back and sides. Spruce top.

Adam
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000