Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 A Cover of "You Are My Sanity"

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ritz Bitz Posted - 02/19/2004 : 12:21:08 AM
Last time I posted a cover in the main forum, I was told to post future ones in here. It doesn't seem like the right place to post it, so if it is indeed the wrong forum, I apologize in advance to the mods.

Yeah, so I just got my guitar back from the shop with a new fishman matrix natural pickup installed. I figured I'd make a small recording to test it out and see how it sounds. I decided to cover this song because it's one of my favorites to play, and one of the easier Timmy songs IMO. Comments and criticism are welcome.

http://nirvanart.com/rich%20murray%20-%20you%20are%20my%20sanity.mp3

Oh, and if you could also leave comments on the recording quality as well, I would be a very happy lad.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ritz Bitz Posted - 02/20/2004 : 09:08:59 AM
Gah, Readyhosting is having some sort of problem with their server. I find it to be rediculous, considering I pay for 99% uptime and it's been down for over a day now.
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 02/19/2004 : 10:08:31 PM
The link did not work for me either.

Adam
Zachmozach Posted - 02/19/2004 : 4:25:05 PM
the link didn't work for me
therippa Posted - 02/19/2004 : 11:29:04 AM
Well done...I love this song
Silky The Pimp Posted - 02/19/2004 : 11:21:11 AM
Good job.

I'm with JTR... I tend to like peizo, but blended with a mic. is a bit more natural.
JTR Posted - 02/19/2004 : 03:41:31 AM
Timmy

Good stuff. Very piezo sound, which I'm kind of neutral on, sounds okay but it's very easy to setup. Direct miking is always a little harder, so I dunno, but the method of recording is all your call. Good stuff.

I've never looped the last section as you did and improv'd over it. Nice fresh take.
ChineseDM Posted - 02/19/2004 : 01:59:44 AM
hey awesome work man, i loved your stream too that was insane :D i'm new to tim and just learning YAMS, so thanks for an accurate and smooth sounding sample for me, you are my hero

I thought the recording quality was just fine, hear ya loud and clear without recording disturbance

and if there's any advice or words of wisdom, i'm all ears

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000