Tablature / Guitar Setup
 A Cover of "You Are My Sanity"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ritz Bitz
Is Anybody Here?

7 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  12:21:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Ritz Bitz an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Last time I posted a cover in the main forum, I was told to post future ones in here. It doesn't seem like the right place to post it, so if it is indeed the wrong forum, I apologize in advance to the mods.

Yeah, so I just got my guitar back from the shop with a new fishman matrix natural pickup installed. I figured I'd make a small recording to test it out and see how it sounds. I decided to cover this song because it's one of my favorites to play, and one of the easier Timmy songs IMO. Comments and criticism are welcome.

http://nirvanart.com/rich%20murray%20-%20you%20are%20my%20sanity.mp3

Oh, and if you could also leave comments on the recording quality as well, I would be a very happy lad.

ChineseDM
Is Anybody Here?

9 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  01:59:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey awesome work man, i loved your stream too that was insane :D i'm new to tim and just learning YAMS, so thanks for an accurate and smooth sounding sample for me, you are my hero

I thought the recording quality was just fine, hear ya loud and clear without recording disturbance

and if there's any advice or words of wisdom, i'm all ears
Go to Top of Page

JTR
Chatterbox

417 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  03:41:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Timmy

Good stuff. Very piezo sound, which I'm kind of neutral on, sounds okay but it's very easy to setup. Direct miking is always a little harder, so I dunno, but the method of recording is all your call. Good stuff.

I've never looped the last section as you did and improv'd over it. Nice fresh take.
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  11:21:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Good job.

I'm with JTR... I tend to like peizo, but blended with a mic. is a bit more natural.

Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  11:29:04 AM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well done...I love this song

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  4:25:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the link didn't work for me

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  10:08:31 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The link did not work for me either.

Adam
Go to Top of Page

Ritz Bitz
Is Anybody Here?

7 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  09:08:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Ritz Bitz an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Gah, Readyhosting is having some sort of problem with their server. I find it to be rediculous, considering I pay for 99% uptime and it's been down for over a day now.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000