Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 a plea

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JemezFoodPeople Posted - 01/05/2004 : 11:33:03 PM
Hey guys
I'll be the first to admit that I don't post on here that much ( cos i am oober-busy at school at UD) but I go and read the threads just about every day. Can we start up one in this forum that is NOT about one fo the following:
1:DD5/DD6/DD3/DDR/DDwhatever
2:Line6 DL-4
3:"Hey does anybody have the tabs for Tim's solo from (name of DMB song here)?"

pleaseeee!
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Zachmozach Posted - 01/12/2004 : 2:40:28 PM
Very true Erich. I'm still working on ear stuff. I'm doing a course for it too. It's called Jamey Aeborsolds Jazz Ear Training. It's really good and I recomend it to everyone. After completion of the course I think I should be pretty good with the whole transcrition thing.
Erich Posted - 01/12/2004 : 10:40:29 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Zachmozach

...or learn it by ear. Guess that's a skill no one has anymore.

its not the decline of people who have it, its more the idea that many people didnt have it to begine with. Think of it this way. If youre able to listen to and imitate an accent, youve got better pitch than many many other people.
Jamie M Posted - 01/07/2004 : 12:15:06 PM
And Then They Were Free: http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4391
Los Alamos: http://www.timreynolds.com/tablature/viewTab.aspx?tabID=47
They seem alright to me, I didn't try to play them..hehe, but take a look.
I wasn't saying it has to be acoustic. But I think electric is more difficult to tab, and I'd guess there are less electric players on the board in comparison to acoustic players. Just looking at how few of the older electric songs have been tabbed suggests there's not as much interest.
Arthen Posted - 01/07/2004 : 02:21:29 AM
Or: "Backdoor" or "Time to Go".

I need to sit down with Chaos View again...
JemezFoodPeople Posted - 01/07/2004 : 12:23:26 AM
Can I get a motion for "They're Coming Soon" ??

this song sends me running under the nearest table with my tail between my legs every time I hear it ( which is really inconvenient when I am driving...)
Zachmozach Posted - 01/06/2004 : 8:55:53 PM
The tab of Impermanence was pretty close to what I was doing so I hope that means it's good. Still think I'll finish learning it by ear though.

I second the motion for more electric stuff as well.
Bustoff Posted - 01/06/2004 : 7:28:14 PM
Is there a rule that says the tabs have to be acoustic? TIM has plenty of old and new electric material that can be feasted upon. I know prsmartin has tabbed some good ones.

I'm all for some discussion about his new electric stuff, which i think is amazing. Don't get me wrong, i love acoustic, but i'd love to see some electric stuff as well.

dick mountjoy Posted - 01/06/2004 : 6:45:02 PM
http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=327&SearchTerms=impermanence

here's impermanence, i haven't played it in a long time but it shouldn't be that hard to figure out
Zachmozach Posted - 01/06/2004 : 6:09:09 PM
Not to mention Impermanence. I don't think I've ever seen a tab of that. One of my favorites too. Guess I'll have to work on it though. I'll I have down is the intro.
JemezFoodPeople Posted - 01/06/2004 : 2:59:21 PM
Jamie, I hafta disagree with you. Not all of thge stuff is tabbed. When you look at And Then They Were Free or the Wayfarer.. Los Alamos.... there is so much that we are missing. I am not an advocate of note-for-note carbon copy performances of TIM's stuff, but I like to play his material. It's fun. I figure a lot of it out on my own and I know a lot of you all do too. Sure, a lot of the songs have a tab page but they are incomplete. We can get some more up there.
Zachmozach Posted - 01/06/2004 : 2:12:44 PM
If you can get a hold of the Kucinich concert video, you could tab his version of natural mystic or the acoustic solo indoctrinate. The work is never quite finished.
Jamie M Posted - 01/06/2004 : 12:54:31 PM
You do have a good point, but the thing is..there's nothing else to talk about. I mean back in the day there were so many songs that still needed to be tabbed, and people willing to make suggestions, but they're all done now. And I'll be honest that I haven't heard ANY of Tim's new music, but I'm under the impression that he doesn't have any new acoustic songs that are good for tabbing... please tell me if I'm wrong though, I love figuring them out.
Zachmozach Posted - 01/05/2004 : 11:57:14 PM
I'll second that. It seems like I have post de ja vu when I come to this section of the boards. The one that gets me the most though is the do you have the solo to (insert DMB song here)? That gets on my nerves. I just want to say make up your own solo to it or learn it by ear. Guess that's a skill no one has anymore. I'm at a loss for a good topic though. Or am I?

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000