a plea
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2004 :  11:33:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey guys
I'll be the first to admit that I don't post on here that much ( cos i am oober-busy at school at UD) but I go and read the threads just about every day. Can we start up one in this forum that is NOT about one fo the following:
1:DD5/DD6/DD3/DDR/DDwhatever
2:Line6 DL-4
3:"Hey does anybody have the tabs for Tim's solo from (name of DMB song here)?"

pleaseeee!

"Do you have the patience to wait
till your mud settles and the water is clear?
Can you remain unmoving
till the right action arises by itself?"
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2004 :  11:57:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll second that. It seems like I have post de ja vu when I come to this section of the boards. The one that gets me the most though is the do you have the solo to (insert DMB song here)? That gets on my nerves. I just want to say make up your own solo to it or learn it by ear. Guess that's a skill no one has anymore. I'm at a loss for a good topic though. Or am I?

Go to Top of Page

Jamie M
Chatterbox

Canada
404 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2004 :  12:54:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You do have a good point, but the thing is..there's nothing else to talk about. I mean back in the day there were so many songs that still needed to be tabbed, and people willing to make suggestions, but they're all done now. And I'll be honest that I haven't heard ANY of Tim's new music, but I'm under the impression that he doesn't have any new acoustic songs that are good for tabbing... please tell me if I'm wrong though, I love figuring them out.
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2004 :  2:12:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you can get a hold of the Kucinich concert video, you could tab his version of natural mystic or the acoustic solo indoctrinate. The work is never quite finished.

Go to Top of Page

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2004 :  2:59:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Jamie, I hafta disagree with you. Not all of thge stuff is tabbed. When you look at And Then They Were Free or the Wayfarer.. Los Alamos.... there is so much that we are missing. I am not an advocate of note-for-note carbon copy performances of TIM's stuff, but I like to play his material. It's fun. I figure a lot of it out on my own and I know a lot of you all do too. Sure, a lot of the songs have a tab page but they are incomplete. We can get some more up there.

Can you remain unmoving
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2004 :  6:09:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not to mention Impermanence. I don't think I've ever seen a tab of that. One of my favorites too. Guess I'll have to work on it though. I'll I have down is the intro.

Go to Top of Page

dick mountjoy
Chatterbox

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2004 :  6:45:02 PM  Show Profile  Send dick mountjoy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=327&SearchTerms=impermanence

here's impermanence, i haven't played it in a long time but it shouldn't be that hard to figure out

"Go Banana!" - Ralph Wiggum
Go to Top of Page

Bustoff
Chatterbox

145 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2004 :  7:28:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Bustoff an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Is there a rule that says the tabs have to be acoustic? TIM has plenty of old and new electric material that can be feasted upon. I know prsmartin has tabbed some good ones.

I'm all for some discussion about his new electric stuff, which i think is amazing. Don't get me wrong, i love acoustic, but i'd love to see some electric stuff as well.

Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2004 :  8:55:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The tab of Impermanence was pretty close to what I was doing so I hope that means it's good. Still think I'll finish learning it by ear though.

I second the motion for more electric stuff as well.

Go to Top of Page

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  12:23:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Can I get a motion for "They're Coming Soon" ??

this song sends me running under the nearest table with my tail between my legs every time I hear it ( which is really inconvenient when I am driving...)

Can you remain unmoving
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  02:21:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Or: "Backdoor" or "Time to Go".

I need to sit down with Chaos View again...

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Jamie M
Chatterbox

Canada
404 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  12:15:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And Then They Were Free: http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4391
Los Alamos: http://www.timreynolds.com/tablature/viewTab.aspx?tabID=47
They seem alright to me, I didn't try to play them..hehe, but take a look.
I wasn't saying it has to be acoustic. But I think electric is more difficult to tab, and I'd guess there are less electric players on the board in comparison to acoustic players. Just looking at how few of the older electric songs have been tabbed suggests there's not as much interest.
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2004 :  10:40:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zachmozach

...or learn it by ear. Guess that's a skill no one has anymore.

its not the decline of people who have it, its more the idea that many people didnt have it to begine with. Think of it this way. If youre able to listen to and imitate an accent, youve got better pitch than many many other people.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2004 :  2:40:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very true Erich. I'm still working on ear stuff. I'm doing a course for it too. It's called Jamey Aeborsolds Jazz Ear Training. It's really good and I recomend it to everyone. After completion of the course I think I should be pretty good with the whole transcrition thing.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000