Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 dd5/dd6 swell?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Zack Posted - 01/02/2004 : 4:43:41 PM
hey everyone...i just bought a dd6 finally, and i have a question. I know this site gives the setup for swells using a dd5 (mode 3, ect) but the dd6 obviously is an upgrade, and iv been playin around with the settings, but I cant make a swell. Can someone help me figure this crap out. The dd6 is only an upgrade, it should have the same options as the dd5, plus more...right? Help!
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
GRock Posted - 01/09/2004 : 2:56:44 PM
the backwards mode can sound like a volume swell. cuz it plays the fade first and then the attack.

but even without a delay, a volume pedal all by itself sounds like violin, if you play it right.
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 01/08/2004 : 11:41:47 PM
Back in the day, Tim ONLY used a volume pedal and DD5 when playing solo for the "violin like sound"

Adam
Zack Posted - 01/06/2004 : 1:00:31 PM
Thats what i figured lol, thanks
GRock Posted - 01/06/2004 : 10:35:19 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Zack

Thanks for the feedback guys...i finally figured out my prob. The dl4 volume swell combined with the delay from the dd6 gets that violin like sound. I used both boxes for his identical swell, but i know he doesnt use the dl4 cause he loops shit with that then swells over it.

as soon as i see "violin like sound" an alarm goes off in my head and all it says is "VOLUME PEDAL" over and over again.
Zack Posted - 01/05/2004 : 7:31:07 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys...i finally figured out my prob. The dl4 volume swell combined with the delay from the dd6 gets that violin like sound. I used both boxes for his identical swell, but i know he doesnt use the dl4 cause he loops shit with that then swells over it.
Bustoff Posted - 01/03/2004 : 12:19:44 PM
Are you talking about a volume swell? If you are, I KNOW the DD-5 won't do volume swells and I'm 99% sure the DD-6 won't either.

Or are you talking about the pitch bend like on the DD-5 backwards mode? If you are, what you might try if it's the same on the DD-6 is put it in backwards mode and turn the feedback time up fairly high. Then strike a note, and then by twisting the delay time knob, it will bend the pitch.

Someone who has a DD-6 can correct me here if i'm wrong, i'm just going off of what the DD-5 does.
rubylith Posted - 01/03/2004 : 11:27:17 AM
some stuff is different, i couldn't tell you exactly but...

for instance, when the dd-3 was out you could speed and slow down the delay excatly like the backwards mode on the dd-5

but on the dd-5 you can slow or speed teh normal delay modes, ONLY the backwards mode

make any sense?
heh

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000