New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Zack
Try A Little Harder

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2004 :  4:43:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey everyone...i just bought a dd6 finally, and i have a question. I know this site gives the setup for swells using a dd5 (mode 3, ect) but the dd6 obviously is an upgrade, and iv been playin around with the settings, but I cant make a swell. Can someone help me figure this crap out. The dd6 is only an upgrade, it should have the same options as the dd5, plus more...right? Help!

Zack

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2004 :  11:27:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
some stuff is different, i couldn't tell you exactly but...

for instance, when the dd-3 was out you could speed and slow down the delay excatly like the backwards mode on the dd-5

but on the dd-5 you can slow or speed teh normal delay modes, ONLY the backwards mode

make any sense?
heh
Go to Top of Page

Bustoff
Chatterbox

145 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2004 :  12:19:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Bustoff an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Are you talking about a volume swell? If you are, I KNOW the DD-5 won't do volume swells and I'm 99% sure the DD-6 won't either.

Or are you talking about the pitch bend like on the DD-5 backwards mode? If you are, what you might try if it's the same on the DD-6 is put it in backwards mode and turn the feedback time up fairly high. Then strike a note, and then by twisting the delay time knob, it will bend the pitch.

Someone who has a DD-6 can correct me here if i'm wrong, i'm just going off of what the DD-5 does.
Go to Top of Page

Zack
Try A Little Harder

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2004 :  7:31:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the feedback guys...i finally figured out my prob. The dl4 volume swell combined with the delay from the dd6 gets that violin like sound. I used both boxes for his identical swell, but i know he doesnt use the dl4 cause he loops shit with that then swells over it.

Zack
Go to Top of Page

GRock
Try A Little Harder

93 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2004 :  10:35:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit GRock's Homepage  Send GRock an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zack

Thanks for the feedback guys...i finally figured out my prob. The dl4 volume swell combined with the delay from the dd6 gets that violin like sound. I used both boxes for his identical swell, but i know he doesnt use the dl4 cause he loops shit with that then swells over it.

as soon as i see "violin like sound" an alarm goes off in my head and all it says is "VOLUME PEDAL" over and over again.
Go to Top of Page

Zack
Try A Little Harder

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2004 :  1:00:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats what i figured lol, thanks

Zack
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2004 :  11:41:47 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Back in the day, Tim ONLY used a volume pedal and DD5 when playing solo for the "violin like sound"

Adam
Go to Top of Page

GRock
Try A Little Harder

93 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2004 :  2:56:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit GRock's Homepage  Send GRock an AOL message  Reply with Quote
the backwards mode can sound like a volume swell. cuz it plays the fade first and then the attack.

but even without a delay, a volume pedal all by itself sounds like violin, if you play it right.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000