Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 slides

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hurricane2730 Posted - 12/01/2003 : 12:40:39 PM
hey, ive been playing with glass slides for a year or so now but im thinking of trying a bottle neck one. anyone know what the difference is in sound between a regular glass slide and a bottle neck slide?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
GRock Posted - 12/08/2003 : 1:51:47 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jay

I use a huge brass slide...I love the sound of a heavy slide, they have a much better sound, but a lot harder to use (which explains why I SUCK at bottleneck, I guess) A real bottleneck won't sound much different, unless there is a major weight difference.

yeah see i think weight of the slide has a lot more to do with the tone than much else.
Jay Posted - 12/05/2003 : 3:36:24 PM
I use a huge brass slide...I love the sound of a heavy slide, they have a much better sound, but a lot harder to use (which explains why I SUCK at bottleneck, I guess) A real bottleneck won't sound much different, unless there is a major weight difference.
Zachmozach Posted - 12/01/2003 : 2:37:19 PM
Ya I think the difference will be really really small. I recently tried out a bunch of different slides and I really couldn't tell that much of a difference. I prefer the metal chrome looking slides though.
GRock Posted - 12/01/2003 : 1:32:33 PM
i'm gonna say that the difference is pretty minimal.

they are both glass slides and will sound like glass. i can't tell a difference.

it's like brass and steel. i find it difficult to find a difference.

that's just what i hear with all the slides i've played. i gave up trying to hear the minute differences and now i just use an 11/16" thick walled steel socket from sears. mostly cuz it cost 2 bucks, so it is easy to replace.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000