slides
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hurricane2730
Is Anybody Here?

2 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2003 :  12:40:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey, ive been playing with glass slides for a year or so now but im thinking of trying a bottle neck one. anyone know what the difference is in sound between a regular glass slide and a bottle neck slide?

GRock
Try A Little Harder

93 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2003 :  1:32:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit GRock's Homepage  Send GRock an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i'm gonna say that the difference is pretty minimal.

they are both glass slides and will sound like glass. i can't tell a difference.

it's like brass and steel. i find it difficult to find a difference.

that's just what i hear with all the slides i've played. i gave up trying to hear the minute differences and now i just use an 11/16" thick walled steel socket from sears. mostly cuz it cost 2 bucks, so it is easy to replace.
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2003 :  2:37:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ya I think the difference will be really really small. I recently tried out a bunch of different slides and I really couldn't tell that much of a difference. I prefer the metal chrome looking slides though.

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2003 :  3:36:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I use a huge brass slide...I love the sound of a heavy slide, they have a much better sound, but a lot harder to use (which explains why I SUCK at bottleneck, I guess) A real bottleneck won't sound much different, unless there is a major weight difference.

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

GRock
Try A Little Harder

93 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2003 :  1:51:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit GRock's Homepage  Send GRock an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jay

I use a huge brass slide...I love the sound of a heavy slide, they have a much better sound, but a lot harder to use (which explains why I SUCK at bottleneck, I guess) A real bottleneck won't sound much different, unless there is a major weight difference.

yeah see i think weight of the slide has a lot more to do with the tone than much else.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000