Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 DD-6 Swells

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
centurybrother Posted - 06/19/2003 : 11:53:59 AM
Ok, I got a DD-6 not too long ago, and I want to knw how to create the swell effect. What exactly do I set the knobs to?
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JemezRollingStream Posted - 08/03/2003 : 1:09:01 PM
Hey, do you guys get a buzzing when you push the Morely all the way down? How can you prevent it?

Tom
Erich Posted - 08/02/2003 : 4:25:13 PM
tim uses now the Line6 for looping (14 seconds i think) and the DD5 for delays and pitch change and such.
rubylith Posted - 08/01/2003 : 09:16:56 AM
he used a dd-5 though until recently i assume, i did the same. the settyings are a lot different. i like the dd-5 better but the loop time is a lot long for the dd-6. like 5 seconds compared to 2. i just used both, the dd-6 for looping and the dd-5 for the other delay shit, i also use an ibanez delay pedal.
Poparad Posted - 07/31/2003 : 8:15:26 PM
I always just used the backwards mode on my DD-5 while using my volume knobs or volume pedal for swells. By doing the swell, the attack is taken off, so the backwards effect is very even and ethereal.
JemezRollingStream Posted - 07/31/2003 : 3:52:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zack

You dont need a volume pedal at all for autovolume swells...look on this websites guitar setup page. Tim says what he sets his dd6 to for the swells.."For the delay pedal setting, I usually have it set to mode# 3 for those kind of swells (although 4 is good for spacier stuff). Then the E.level is at about 1 o'clock, F.back at 12 o'clock (which can be varied to taste), and D.time is at the max."

How many mil secs is #3. I have the DD-6, what should I put it to to be the same as #3 on the DD-5?

Tom
captain_napkins Posted - 07/31/2003 : 3:47:24 PM
i think i may have missed the boat on the dd-5, but just to be sure:

did they stop making dd-5's like the nice man at guitar center said he thought they did?

if not, are dd-6's a lot more expensive? i tried one out and liked it but i don't really know how to do anything cool with it yet. backwards mode was great though. any beginner advice would be great. thanks!
FiS Posted - 07/07/2003 : 12:39:51 PM
hey zack does that expression pedal do anythign during loop mode?
i was hoping it would adjust the repeat setting for me when im in loop mode... i know it does in the other modes but i wasnt sure about the 'pre-loop' delays when looping...
Zack Posted - 07/06/2003 : 6:06:20 PM
I just got the expression pedal for the DL-4, and u have decent control with it...u can set boundaries with the toe and heel for the auto volume swell or any other effect, and when u shift the pedal real quick, u get crazy sounds. But it sucks how u cant use any effects on the box over the loop..it really is a big f'n rip off in that respect.
dirtysloth Posted - 06/26/2003 : 6:29:18 PM
I don't use the DD-6, but in that quote Tim was talking about the DD-5. I know there's no way to auto swells on that, and I don't remember that being one of the perks of having a DD-6 over a DD-5 either. You can do this on the Line 6 though, but I don't like it. Autovolume never sounds anything close to what I want it to. You have no control.
centurybrother Posted - 06/26/2003 : 5:56:42 PM
ok...I have a volume pedal, and I know how to use it...I also know how to do the volume thing with the knobs on my LP...I know that he is refering to the DD-5 for the mode...I thought there was a way to get a auto volume swell with the DD-6...they have it on my DL-4, but I want to run the swells over the DL-4 loop...so is there no way to get auto volume swells on the DD-6?
JTR Posted - 06/22/2003 : 8:49:11 PM
In that quote he is referring to using the delay in conjunction with a volume pedal. And just as a slight correction, TR's referring to a DD-5 in that quote, since I think that quote was taken before the DD-6 was even released.
Zack Posted - 06/22/2003 : 6:10:05 PM
You dont need a volume pedal at all for autovolume swells...look on this websites guitar setup page. Tim says what he sets his dd6 to for the swells.."For the delay pedal setting, I usually have it set to mode# 3 for those kind of swells (although 4 is good for spacier stuff). Then the E.level is at about 1 o'clock, F.back at 12 o'clock (which can be varied to taste), and D.time is at the max."
dirtysloth Posted - 06/20/2003 : 3:00:31 PM
Or an Ernie Ball like he uses now. Doesn't matter what brand... as long as it's a volume pedal. You can do the same thing with the volume knob on your guitar too, that's just a little trickier.
dragonsarebeingsmoked Posted - 06/20/2003 : 1:47:02 PM
you need a morley pro volume wah like tim uses

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000