Tablature / Guitar Setup
 DD-6 Swells
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

centurybrother
Try A Little Harder

54 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2003 :  11:53:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit centurybrother's Homepage  Send centurybrother an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ok, I got a DD-6 not too long ago, and I want to knw how to create the swell effect. What exactly do I set the knobs to?

dragonsarebeingsmoked
Is Anybody Here?

4 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2003 :  1:47:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you need a morley pro volume wah like tim uses
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2003 :  3:00:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Or an Ernie Ball like he uses now. Doesn't matter what brand... as long as it's a volume pedal. You can do the same thing with the volume knob on your guitar too, that's just a little trickier.
Go to Top of Page

Zack
Try A Little Harder

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2003 :  6:10:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You dont need a volume pedal at all for autovolume swells...look on this websites guitar setup page. Tim says what he sets his dd6 to for the swells.."For the delay pedal setting, I usually have it set to mode# 3 for those kind of swells (although 4 is good for spacier stuff). Then the E.level is at about 1 o'clock, F.back at 12 o'clock (which can be varied to taste), and D.time is at the max."

Zack
Go to Top of Page

JTR
Chatterbox

417 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2003 :  8:49:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In that quote he is referring to using the delay in conjunction with a volume pedal. And just as a slight correction, TR's referring to a DD-5 in that quote, since I think that quote was taken before the DD-6 was even released.
Go to Top of Page

centurybrother
Try A Little Harder

54 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2003 :  5:56:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit centurybrother's Homepage  Send centurybrother an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ok...I have a volume pedal, and I know how to use it...I also know how to do the volume thing with the knobs on my LP...I know that he is refering to the DD-5 for the mode...I thought there was a way to get a auto volume swell with the DD-6...they have it on my DL-4, but I want to run the swells over the DL-4 loop...so is there no way to get auto volume swells on the DD-6?
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2003 :  6:29:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't use the DD-6, but in that quote Tim was talking about the DD-5. I know there's no way to auto swells on that, and I don't remember that being one of the perks of having a DD-6 over a DD-5 either. You can do this on the Line 6 though, but I don't like it. Autovolume never sounds anything close to what I want it to. You have no control.
Go to Top of Page

Zack
Try A Little Harder

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2003 :  6:06:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just got the expression pedal for the DL-4, and u have decent control with it...u can set boundaries with the toe and heel for the auto volume swell or any other effect, and when u shift the pedal real quick, u get crazy sounds. But it sucks how u cant use any effects on the box over the loop..it really is a big f'n rip off in that respect.

Zack
Go to Top of Page

FiS
Try A Little Harder

60 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2003 :  12:39:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey zack does that expression pedal do anythign during loop mode?
i was hoping it would adjust the repeat setting for me when im in loop mode... i know it does in the other modes but i wasnt sure about the 'pre-loop' delays when looping...

www.jasonfistner.com
Go to Top of Page

captain_napkins
Is Anybody Here?

31 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2003 :  3:47:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think i may have missed the boat on the dd-5, but just to be sure:

did they stop making dd-5's like the nice man at guitar center said he thought they did?

if not, are dd-6's a lot more expensive? i tried one out and liked it but i don't really know how to do anything cool with it yet. backwards mode was great though. any beginner advice would be great. thanks!
Go to Top of Page

JemezRollingStream
Try A Little Harder

USA
58 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2003 :  3:52:13 PM  Show Profile  Send JemezRollingStream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zack

You dont need a volume pedal at all for autovolume swells...look on this websites guitar setup page. Tim says what he sets his dd6 to for the swells.."For the delay pedal setting, I usually have it set to mode# 3 for those kind of swells (although 4 is good for spacier stuff). Then the E.level is at about 1 o'clock, F.back at 12 o'clock (which can be varied to taste), and D.time is at the max."

How many mil secs is #3. I have the DD-6, what should I put it to to be the same as #3 on the DD-5?

Tom

Not going anywhere for a while? Get a Sherpa.
Go to Top of Page

Poparad
Try A Little Harder

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2003 :  8:15:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Poparad an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I always just used the backwards mode on my DD-5 while using my volume knobs or volume pedal for swells. By doing the swell, the attack is taken off, so the backwards effect is very even and ethereal.
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2003 :  09:16:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
he used a dd-5 though until recently i assume, i did the same. the settyings are a lot different. i like the dd-5 better but the loop time is a lot long for the dd-6. like 5 seconds compared to 2. i just used both, the dd-6 for looping and the dd-5 for the other delay shit, i also use an ibanez delay pedal.
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2003 :  4:25:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
tim uses now the Line6 for looping (14 seconds i think) and the DD5 for delays and pitch change and such.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

JemezRollingStream
Try A Little Harder

USA
58 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2003 :  1:09:01 PM  Show Profile  Send JemezRollingStream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey, do you guys get a buzzing when you push the Morely all the way down? How can you prevent it?

Tom

Not going anywhere for a while? Get a Sherpa.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000