Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 Octaves

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bustoff Posted - 04/24/2003 : 12:52:19 PM
Does anyone here use octave effects?
I'm kinda confused about them. Most of the octave effects i see are just for octave-down. I'm pretty sure the famous "octavia" is an octave-up effect only. Do they make pedals that do both?
Also, i was wondering if you knew what octave effect TIM used to use, as on the live 88' TR3 show. I have a feeling it's an "octavia" because of the group's Hendrix influences - especially on that show, since they play "Are You Experienced" and "Manic Depression" and I hear TIM using a uni-vibe.

Thanks
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Bustoff Posted - 04/27/2003 : 1:07:23 PM
That's cool, guys - I might invest in a digitech whammy.

But what i was really asking about in my last post was the Octavia pedal designed by Roger Mayer, made famous by Jimi Hendrix in "Purple Haze" and "Fire" and various others. I shoulda specified when i was asking. Does anyone have this? Cause it's been pretty popular over the years with different players but i haven't heard of anyone having one lately, like it went out of production or something.

Thanks
dick mountjoy Posted - 04/27/2003 : 11:48:23 AM
Jude I'll buy that Boss Octave from you if you don't use it
Saint Jude Posted - 04/26/2003 : 9:43:36 PM
yes i have the digitech whammy, and a boss octave (oc-2) pedal. i dont use the boss cuz the digitech is more versitile. but both are good pedals.
Bustoff Posted - 04/26/2003 : 9:00:35 PM
Thanks for the info guys.
You cleared some stuff up for me.

Do any of you guys own an octavia pedal by any chance?
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 04/26/2003 : 02:31:13 AM
Tom Morello. One of the most innovative guitarists on this planet, BTW. I mean, a POWER DRILL, come on people.

Adam
Saint Jude Posted - 04/25/2003 : 5:24:28 PM
DigiTech Whammy (the old red one)
does alot of other stuff to, can shirt 2 oct's up 3 oct's below, detune (which slightly detunes the note u are playing along w/ the original as to sound like two guitars) u can also get harmonies from 2nd to octave above and below.

and 'like a stone' is an audioslave song, but it is the 'guy from rage'. he uses the digitech alot for weird noises and such. i like it alot.
rubylith Posted - 04/25/2003 : 2:48:00 PM
There is a pedal (boss i believe) called a "Pitch Shifter" it has a spring so you can do increases in the pitch smoothly, not just like an on/off switch. But there is also a low octave mode, but I don't think it is as good as the brown boss Octave pedal. There is also an 0ld red pedal that is like a wammy pedal or something. I think the guy from rage uses it in the "like a stone" song, but to me it sounds exactly the same as the pitch shifter. Hope that helps.
www.DaveCahill.com

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000