Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 doubled guitar sound...delay?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
climbn2x2 Posted - 03/31/2003 : 12:46:26 PM
just saw Tim and Dave last weekend, i was wondering how he gets his "doubled" guitar sound. maybe he is just increasing his volume with the volume pedal, but i think its a really short delay. it also sounds like he is using an octave pedal (not in his guitar set-up) because he get a lot of lower tones. im sorry that i cant describe the sound better, but he uses it a lot in songs like warehouse and two step. I have a Line6 DL-4 and was wondering if you guys knew of any way i could model this sound. thanks in advance!

C
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pcbTIM Posted - 04/10/2003 : 8:44:50 PM
Not likely. I don't think TR has ever owned a Boomerang. I think the only thing he ever brings on T&D tours is his DD-5.
greg petre Posted - 04/10/2003 : 4:11:02 PM
Just a quick note... On stream Tim could very well be using a boomerang phrase sampler or some other type of phrase sampler to loop that harmonic towards the end. gtp
climbn2x2 Posted - 04/03/2003 : 11:27:15 AM
thanks for the help...i couldnt see tims feet because there was a monitor in front of him. one thing that i noticed was that he almost never bent down to change any of his pedal settings
Silky The Pimp Posted - 03/31/2003 : 1:56:47 PM
quote:
but i think its a really short delay

It's just delay... if you're talking about delays. If you're talking about his normal playing, you may just be hearing something that's not there.

quote:
because he get a lot of lower tones.

If you watch him in between songs, he tends to tune down his low "E" string on some songs. I believe he plays in drop B for warehouse... drop D for LIOG etc.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000