doubled guitar sound...delay?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

climbn2x2
Is Anybody Here?

9 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2003 :  12:46:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just saw Tim and Dave last weekend, i was wondering how he gets his "doubled" guitar sound. maybe he is just increasing his volume with the volume pedal, but i think its a really short delay. it also sounds like he is using an octave pedal (not in his guitar set-up) because he get a lot of lower tones. im sorry that i cant describe the sound better, but he uses it a lot in songs like warehouse and two step. I have a Line6 DL-4 and was wondering if you guys knew of any way i could model this sound. thanks in advance!

C

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2003 :  1:56:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
but i think its a really short delay

It's just delay... if you're talking about delays. If you're talking about his normal playing, you may just be hearing something that's not there.

quote:
because he get a lot of lower tones.

If you watch him in between songs, he tends to tune down his low "E" string on some songs. I believe he plays in drop B for warehouse... drop D for LIOG etc.

Go to Top of Page

climbn2x2
Is Anybody Here?

9 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2003 :  11:27:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for the help...i couldnt see tims feet because there was a monitor in front of him. one thing that i noticed was that he almost never bent down to change any of his pedal settings
Go to Top of Page

greg petre
Is Anybody Here?

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2003 :  4:11:02 PM  Show Profile  Send greg petre an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just a quick note... On stream Tim could very well be using a boomerang phrase sampler or some other type of phrase sampler to loop that harmonic towards the end. gtp

gtp
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2003 :  8:44:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Not likely. I don't think TR has ever owned a Boomerang. I think the only thing he ever brings on T&D tours is his DD-5.

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000