Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 tims action

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
NeverKillADream Posted - 12/22/2002 : 3:39:38 PM
Is TIMs action set to martin factor setting, or is his modified lower.... and if so.. how low is his action...
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
CheersDtoT Posted - 01/20/2003 : 7:43:55 PM

If you guys live back East .... I think that you should start the revolution with the word HELLA back there ! Amagine an entire country united by just one word. Well I know how you feel. I was born in Maryland and lived in Penn. too. When I moved out here I noticed that things are really ( Hella ) different. Their are lots of slang terms we use here that have never reached the East and vice-versa. Well I think you guys should give us some of your slang so we can use it here, that would be really (hella) awsome !!! Cheers
pcbTIM Posted - 01/18/2003 : 9:33:26 PM
I agree vwf. The only TIMe I had ever heard that expression was when I was talking to some neighbors of my dad when I visited him in San Fransisco. I asked what the fuck they just said and they found themselves surprised that no one else talked like that. Whatever.
victorwootenfan Posted - 01/18/2003 : 9:24:30 PM
can't say i've ever hear the expression hella. To me that's just hella confusing..
CheersDtoT Posted - 01/17/2003 : 01:53:27 AM

Thats weird because I'm from Northern Nevada ... right next door ... thats HELLA cool !!!! Now I'm lying ! Cheers
CPPJames Posted - 01/16/2003 : 2:15:30 PM
Ever since I heard that word the first time, I've loathed it.
pcbTIM Posted - 12/25/2002 : 11:13:42 PM
quote:
Originally posted by CheersDtoT

hella different......hella easy

Are you from northern California?
CheersDtoT Posted - 12/25/2002 : 03:23:37 AM

Yeah, SRV does have hammers in his playing but like you said that is electric guitar and that is hella different. MY Ibenez has a high action and it's hella easy to play, I don't even need a pick, you know what I'm talking about. But act. guiatrs are different. Too high of an action on a guitar and you get buzzing sounds or it's not clear enough, I also watched Storytellers after this and lookedat the action. It looks low but like I said it looks just like the D-35 reg. action highth. I counldn't see the saddle so...... I couldn't see if it had been altered, but from looking at it it looks like it has been lowered. But action is based all on personal prefence so... what TR plays may not be what you like ! I hope we helped ! Cheers
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 12/24/2002 : 9:25:31 PM
Stevie Ray Vaughn had mile high action and played with hammer ons and pull offs a lot too. Of course electric is different than acoustic, but Tim could be very strong in the hands. He has been playing for a long time. He does play Martins, which come with pretty low factory action anyway. Looking at Tim's guitar from Storytellers, it does appear that his may be a bit lower than standard though.

Adam
CheersDtoT Posted - 12/24/2002 : 3:25:15 PM

Tim's action is prob. really low. In Tim's songs he has lots of hammers and pull offs so you need a low action for that to be possible. Also I have a Martin D-35 ( just like Tim) and those actions are set pretty low. I'm sure that Tim didn't mess with his action because their would be no reason to. So I hope I helped ! Cheers
pcbTIM Posted - 12/23/2002 : 11:30:41 PM
Sorry. I have no fucking idea. Hell. I don't even know what the action is on my own guitars. But I'm sure someone here knows about it.
NeverKillADream Posted - 12/23/2002 : 2:05:27 PM
COME ON!!!!!!!!!! 20 read, no replies
someone has to know......

MAYDAY MAYDAY ATTN FLUFFY

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000