Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 tims part in dmb's rapunzel

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
timAKAjesus Posted - 07/23/2002 : 02:08:35 AM
whats up fellow tim-ites! i havent listened to dmb in a while and i put on before these crowded streets and was reminded how much he adds to that bands music...his part in rapunzel....AMAZING! any who...wanted to know if anyone really knows it...i kinda got it. later on!

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
NeverKillADream Posted - 08/20/2002 : 12:06:05 AM
(60% Yoda?)

Using The Force Daily...
NeverKillADream@aol.com
Jay Posted - 08/10/2002 : 02:37:03 AM
And 40% Sandy Carl.

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
timAKAjesus Posted - 07/24/2002 : 01:25:12 AM
if you really listen to what the electric is doing, its doing more than that simple line, but thanks for the input man! that part to me just has a whole lot of feel to it, and i really think its impossible to really re-create it...its 100% tim!

JTR Posted - 07/23/2002 : 3:24:24 PM
...and I'm sure if you really wanted to get a source for all the accents and fillers that Reynolds adds, you could go buy the BTCS tab book. That would probably be your best bet, even if alot of it is wrong, it was give you an idea of what you look for. Why not just play the song and add your own stuff to it?

JTR Posted - 07/23/2002 : 3:18:21 PM
I'm sure Reynolds plays basically the same thing on an acoustic for the whole song, which you probably can barely hear over the rest of the mix, and his electric additions seem to be about the same as what Matthews would play again, except for a few accents during the verses here and there. The one thing that always stands out is the little bit of percussion Reynolds adds to the song when he strums the muted electric after the many:

E------------------
B------------------
G------------------
D--------------5---
A--5-5-5-5--8------
E------------------

That's a person favorite of his touches on the CD I enjoy, although there are a whole lot of them.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000