Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 Setup at Luther

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JTR Posted - 05/29/2002 : 12:04:27 AM
I know the basics of what Tim and Dave had at Luther, but that setup on that album had a really great sound. I was wondering if it was just how it was recorded or anything special, because I'd love to make my guitar sound that nice.

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
NeverKillADream Posted - 08/20/2002 : 12:08:27 AM
I dont know for sure, but i am putting my money on that there are NO overdubs.

Using The Force Daily...
NeverKillADream@aol.com
Jay Posted - 08/10/2002 : 02:36:13 AM
Dammit! Overdubs! Shit!

Sandy Carl get back in your home!

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
dan p. Posted - 07/24/2002 : 11:32:18 AM
you'd think that, wouldn't you. i think the same thing, but i heard what was notated in the music. a little disappointing.

get in the car, little girl.
neonbuzzz Posted - 07/24/2002 : 10:12:38 AM
i allways took it that in the L@LC book, studio overdub meant something that either Tim or Dave did in the studio verision of that song...that wasn't on the L@LC version. honestly..dave and tim are so amazing live...there would be no need to go in and put a fill in or double up something...absolutely not.

rain fell today..in transparent sheets of love..but i will not be drenched in you again.
pcbTIM Posted - 07/24/2002 : 04:02:14 AM
Yes........I'm sorry, I must also add my sad verification for that fact.........d'oh well.....

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
dan p. Posted - 07/22/2002 : 8:10:31 PM
yeah, especially because it's the offical book that got rights to print the music. totally unreliable. or i could be lying. beacuse, you know, i have a lot to profit from lying about what the tab book says.

there's overdubs, sorry dude.

chip616 Posted - 07/22/2002 : 8:02:23 PM
no dude thats bullshit,im sorry

All ya need is peace, love, and oreos
dan p. Posted - 07/21/2002 : 9:34:42 PM
actually, i have the tab book. and there's a secton boxed off in the deed is done song and it's labeled "studio overdub"

chip616 Posted - 07/21/2002 : 11:39:52 AM
I do agree that the acoustics on L@LC are absolutely amazing, but I couldnt help read someone's reply when they said they cleaned up the sound in the studio (completely true) and doubled and added??? Are you mad? This is a completely live album, there was no doubling and adding whatsoever.Awesome topic on my favorite album though.

later all

All ya need is peace, love, and oreos
chatterballs Posted - 07/03/2002 : 04:02:13 AM
Yeah, the nancies solo rules, I swear he does some fretboard tapping on it...it's sweet.

--------------------
I once saw a movie where this bus had to keep its SPEED above 50 and if its SPEED dropped, it would explode...I think it was called, the bus that couldn't slow down.
pcbTIM Posted - 07/01/2002 : 8:08:57 PM
quote:

Does Reynolds generally use a pick when he plays with Dave Matthews, or does he still fingerpick?

Well.......like a lot of his own stuff......it depends on the song. For example, on #41.....I think he fingerpicks because of the speed he uses. But on Dancing Nancies, he has to use a pick for that solo!

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
j Posted - 07/01/2002 : 12:05:28 AM
Actually Dave didn't play Martins until the '99 D+T tour, on the Luther album he played his Lakewood M-32, which is an auditorium guitar. I'm not sure if they used them during the time of Luther, but during the '99 tour they both ran their guitars through Countryman DI boxes, which are really nice pieces of equipment.

"Have a moderately neato day. May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
-G.C.
JTR Posted - 06/30/2002 : 10:04:30 PM
Does Reynolds generally use a pick when he plays with Dave Matthews, or does he still fingerpick?
chatterballs Posted - 06/20/2002 : 03:42:48 AM
Fishman pickups, martin d-28 or d-35 for tim, some other martin for dave, not a dreadnought, an auditorium, probably. If they mixed mikes and pickups, they definitely used a blender, probably Fishman, usually gets best balance of sound.

--------------------
I once saw a movie where this bus had to keep its SPEED above 50 and if its SPEED dropped, it would explode...I think it was called, the bus that couldn't slow down.
dmballday Posted - 06/18/2002 : 11:17:16 PM
they mixed mics and picups, that's all i know, and also cleaning it all up in a studio afterwards would help, doubling...adding..ya know

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000