Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 Tims cool cello sound, how's he do that?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Learjet Posted - 04/23/2002 : 12:26:57 PM
Hey guys I'm new here, so forgive me if this is old news. I downloaded some of those great videos from the FTP site and on show
5-5-00 disk 2 between Jemez Rolling Waves and Hopeful Heresy (19:00), he plays around with this really pretty sound. Sounds like a cello to me. Anyway, whats puttn that out? I have the Boss DD but thats it, would really love to get that sound to play around with. Thanks in advance =)
Chris

17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Silky The Pimp Posted - 05/07/2002 : 10:51:19 PM
Oh that unimaginable bastard.
-J

pcbTIM Posted - 05/07/2002 : 9:49:13 PM
Hey.....don't get mad at me....get mad at Krusty! It was his joke.

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
Silky The Pimp Posted - 05/07/2002 : 9:40:38 PM
That was worthy of a smack up side the head... since I can't do it from here, I want you to do it for me.
-J

pcbTIM Posted - 05/07/2002 : 9:16:18 PM
Hey.....how do you make the King Lear?.....Put the queen in a bikini!!!......oooohhhhh tough crowd....they're booing Shakespeare!

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
Silky The Pimp Posted - 05/07/2002 : 9:08:49 PM
Those are some amazing powers of deduction you've got there Dave :)
-J

Dave S Posted - 05/07/2002 : 8:49:28 PM
This is just a shot in the dark, but I'm guessing that his name is derived from the popular aircraft known as the Lear Jet.

NeverKillADream Posted - 05/07/2002 : 5:11:48 PM
yea it's a volume pedal, i use a volume pedal
on my violin too, extra cool sounds...

Jorgy Posted - 05/07/2002 : 4:58:55 PM
Hey learjet. Where did you come up with that name. I just ask because there is a dance club in my town called that.

victorwootenfan Posted - 04/25/2002 : 12:43:56 PM
yeah, you are right, it def. is the volume pedal, and again right on with the link. I knew i read that somewhere! it'd be cool if he played some cello for some of his looped type of songs, i mean in that instrument alone there so many possiblities, with his guitar playing.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi
dirtysloth Posted - 04/24/2002 : 9:12:10 PM
You are right VWF. He played all kinds of shit at Miller's. I remember reading that in several places I think, but one of those places is http://www.timreynolds.com/interviews/2-20-97/. But that was definitely the volume pedal, not an actual cello, that Learjet was talking aboot.

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm
Learjet Posted - 04/24/2002 : 2:18:20 PM
Thanks Jamie, I saw his setup, I never thought a volume pedal would do that, so I figured it had to be something else. I watched that video again and you can see his mic moving everytime to the sound so I guess that was him moving the pedal. Thanks, I'll let you know if I can even come close ro reproducing the sound =)

victorwootenfan Posted - 04/24/2002 : 12:15:37 PM
i think it was some article from someone talking about tim when he played at miller's. Like something about showing up playing guitar one day, then sitar the next, then cello, something like that...

Jamie M Posted - 04/23/2002 : 11:55:57 PM
I don't actually know this, but I've seen it posted enough that I'm pretty sure he uses a volume pedal to get the sound you're talking about.

Learjet Posted - 04/23/2002 : 11:45:28 PM
LOL you guys are absolutely no help, but you are funny. =) Thanks for having me.

{=HTG=} Posted - 04/23/2002 : 11:24:59 PM
quote:
i heard somewhere that tim plays cello. It might actually be him playing cello

Hhhhmmmm, intresting. But welcome aboard Learjet.

"I tell you what, I'm not that easily amused ...wow, a blue car!" Homer Simpson.
victorwootenfan Posted - 04/23/2002 : 1:34:34 PM
i heard somewhere that tim plays cello. It might actually be him playing cello. And welcome aboard!

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 04/23/2002 : 12:38:38 PM
Well. Welcome aBOARD. I have no idea what the answer to your question is. But welcome anyway.

-What-

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000