Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 So I Bought a New Laptop...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 11/01/2009 : 02:08:29 AM
My old HP told me to fuck off.

So I nabbed a Sony VAIO VGN-NW270F.

I know, it's not a Mac, but piss off, it's aight.

Must say, I am loving Windows 7 thus far...but only time will tell.

7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
muldercat Posted - 11/24/2009 : 2:36:43 PM
Kevin,
I just got an IPhone too. I really love it! I've also got a macbook pro. But Hopeful Rolling Waves, I like Sony's VAIO's too. Hope you enjoy it. I would love to have a Sony laptop with a Blu Ray Player/Recorder.
Millissa

PS: I love the apps available for the IPhone. I have Guitarists Reference. It's handy for looking up Chords.
KevinLesko Posted - 11/03/2009 : 10:35:35 PM
I just got an iPhone a few weeks back, and it is perfect in just about every way. A bit expensive, but worth it.

Also, I want to get Windows 7 but I guess you can't upgrade without erasing your computer. I could back everything up on a portable hard drive, but between buting that, and Windows 7, I might as well get a new PC...
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 11/02/2009 : 1:10:11 PM
Once you figure out how to make it work for you, that's when you see its value.

Do you still run with a CD player in your hand? I know I hated trying to go for a run without music. With my Nano, I don't even have to think about it, it's so damn small; and I got fresh tunes to run to.

It is a matter of personal preference, but now that my friends have shown me all the dope stuff they can do with their iPhones, I have a bit of techno envy. I can't edit a photo with my Blackberry, and that blows! AHAHA There are a ton of free apps out there as well to draw from.

Also, even in terms of playing music out, I've already used my Blackberry to get lyrics or chords that I might not be sure of, or to do a request on demand. That's pretty rewarding.
gnome44 Posted - 11/02/2009 : 12:54:21 PM
I used to feel the same way about the iPhone. I'm a bit of a technophobe. I just bought one a couple of weeks ago. It's great! I don't consider it a phone. It's a personal computer that you can use as a phone. I'm looking forward to the day that I can use it to shop/pay for things...that way I don't need to carry a wallet either.

I guess I'm still in the honeymoon period with it...but I really like it.
Ranting Thespian Posted - 11/02/2009 : 12:49:47 AM
I really disliked ME. I personally thought it was pretty bad. I find XP Second Edition to be very stable.

Then iPhones, there is so much on there that I would never use. I look at all those applications, and I don't see the point in paying money to use all those. I just want a phone to call, text to another phone, use it's alarm when I need it, and (if I don't have my Nintendo DS, or at least my guitar) I can waste a few minutes with breakout on it. I also find them uncomfortable to use when using them as a phone. The #1 thing I look for in a phone is the phone part. Then, an iPod, I don't need or have a desire for an MP3 or portable video player. CDs and books are fine with me.
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 11/01/2009 : 11:54:51 AM
I dunno bout that. The iPod, iPhone and MacBooks are all remarkable pieces of technology. I wish Verizon woulda had iPhone, I woulda went with one over the Blackberry. I mean, I like the Blackberry, but it's no where near as fun as the iPhone. It's all business. Thats why I paid less than half for my comparable Sony laptop. If I could afford the Mac, I'd have bought it. You can't beat them, just compete with them.

XP is buggy in its own right, if I had my druthers, I'd still have Windows Millenium. I'm pleased with 7 thus far, about 10 hours into using it. It's got the best of Mac OS and Windows as far as I can see, we'll see if it becomes a nuisance, but outlook seems good for now.

Ranting Thespian Posted - 11/01/2009 : 10:09:47 AM
I've never been comfortable with Macs. Actually I tend to not prefer most of all of Apple's stuff nowadays.

I am waiting for Windows 7 to mature a little while, get rid of any bugs, and then look into upgrading. Til then, I am sticking with XP.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000