So I Bought a New Laptop...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2009 :  02:08:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My old HP told me to fuck off.

So I nabbed a Sony VAIO VGN-NW270F.

I know, it's not a Mac, but piss off, it's aight.

Must say, I am loving Windows 7 thus far...but only time will tell.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2009 :  10:09:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've never been comfortable with Macs. Actually I tend to not prefer most of all of Apple's stuff nowadays.

I am waiting for Windows 7 to mature a little while, get rid of any bugs, and then look into upgrading. Til then, I am sticking with XP.

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2009 :  11:54:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I dunno bout that. The iPod, iPhone and MacBooks are all remarkable pieces of technology. I wish Verizon woulda had iPhone, I woulda went with one over the Blackberry. I mean, I like the Blackberry, but it's no where near as fun as the iPhone. It's all business. Thats why I paid less than half for my comparable Sony laptop. If I could afford the Mac, I'd have bought it. You can't beat them, just compete with them.

XP is buggy in its own right, if I had my druthers, I'd still have Windows Millenium. I'm pleased with 7 thus far, about 10 hours into using it. It's got the best of Mac OS and Windows as far as I can see, we'll see if it becomes a nuisance, but outlook seems good for now.

Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2009 :  12:49:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I really disliked ME. I personally thought it was pretty bad. I find XP Second Edition to be very stable.

Then iPhones, there is so much on there that I would never use. I look at all those applications, and I don't see the point in paying money to use all those. I just want a phone to call, text to another phone, use it's alarm when I need it, and (if I don't have my Nintendo DS, or at least my guitar) I can waste a few minutes with breakout on it. I also find them uncomfortable to use when using them as a phone. The #1 thing I look for in a phone is the phone part. Then, an iPod, I don't need or have a desire for an MP3 or portable video player. CDs and books are fine with me.

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2009 :  12:54:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used to feel the same way about the iPhone. I'm a bit of a technophobe. I just bought one a couple of weeks ago. It's great! I don't consider it a phone. It's a personal computer that you can use as a phone. I'm looking forward to the day that I can use it to shop/pay for things...that way I don't need to carry a wallet either.

I guess I'm still in the honeymoon period with it...but I really like it.
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2009 :  1:10:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Once you figure out how to make it work for you, that's when you see its value.

Do you still run with a CD player in your hand? I know I hated trying to go for a run without music. With my Nano, I don't even have to think about it, it's so damn small; and I got fresh tunes to run to.

It is a matter of personal preference, but now that my friends have shown me all the dope stuff they can do with their iPhones, I have a bit of techno envy. I can't edit a photo with my Blackberry, and that blows! AHAHA There are a ton of free apps out there as well to draw from.

Also, even in terms of playing music out, I've already used my Blackberry to get lyrics or chords that I might not be sure of, or to do a request on demand. That's pretty rewarding.

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2009 :  10:35:35 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just got an iPhone a few weeks back, and it is perfect in just about every way. A bit expensive, but worth it.

Also, I want to get Windows 7 but I guess you can't upgrade without erasing your computer. I could back everything up on a portable hard drive, but between buting that, and Windows 7, I might as well get a new PC...

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

muldercat
Is Anybody Here?

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2009 :  2:36:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kevin,
I just got an IPhone too. I really love it! I've also got a macbook pro. But Hopeful Rolling Waves, I like Sony's VAIO's too. Hope you enjoy it. I would love to have a Sony laptop with a Blu Ray Player/Recorder.
Millissa

PS: I love the apps available for the IPhone. I have Guitarists Reference. It's handy for looking up Chords.

freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose.--KK
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000