Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Elevator Hijacking

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Black Lotus Posted - 12/17/2001 : 09:53:40 AM
This is my favorite past time at work. I work in a 15 story office building and sometimes it takes forever to get an elevator in the right direction.

So, when I'm up on the 11th floor (which is where my office be) and I need to catch an elevator down, I have to hijack them at times. Here's how it works .... when the elevator opens, and it's going up, hop in and hit a lower floor to go down (of course, no-one should be in it who's going up - hence, no upper floor buttons can be pressed). The doors will close, then reopen as the direction of the elevator has now switched to down :) Now, the poor sap somewhere able you just lost his/her elevator.

Can you tell I get bored at work easily? Anyway, my daily average is 2. I'm trying to bring that up to 3-4 before the new year. So, I just have to think of more lame excuses to get out of my office during the day.

-----------------------
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those that falseley believe they are free."
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pcbTIM Posted - 12/29/2001 : 12:14:51 AM
yeah! there's a new way to get people into exercising: guilt them into it.

tericee Posted - 12/28/2001 : 7:35:35 PM
When I worked at HUD, they had signs posted all over the place that told people to use stairs instead of an elevator if they were going up one flight or down two flights. It helped to create an atmosphere of guilt for those who didn't follow the signs.

http://www.honolulumarathon.org (I ran under that sign!)
Black Lotus Posted - 12/28/2001 : 7:08:05 PM
Too bad there isn't a feature for preventing lazy people from using the elevator to go up one floor .. sheesh. Now, if they physically can't go up a single flight of steps, thats cool... but people are just lazy, ARGH!

Sorry, just a pet peve of mine

-----------------------
Look ma, new signature!

For more information, visit: http://www.freepeltier.org
tericee Posted - 12/28/2001 : 5:27:23 PM
Can you believe there are people who have the job of writing elevator software? I've met a couple.

I guess the person who wrote the software for the elevators in your building left a couple of bugs/features in for you.

teri :)

http://www.honolulumarathon.org (I ran under that sign!)
Black Lotus Posted - 12/19/2001 : 10:43:59 AM
Four already today ... I'm on a roll. And it isn't even lunch time yet.

-----------------------
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those that falseley believe they are free."
Fleabass76 Posted - 12/17/2001 : 5:27:23 PM
HA! Sounds like something out of Office Space.

"People always tell you to color inside the lines, [but] who drew the lines in the first place? [Think about that.]" -Victor Wooten

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000