Elevator Hijacking
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1043 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2001 :  09:53:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This is my favorite past time at work. I work in a 15 story office building and sometimes it takes forever to get an elevator in the right direction.

So, when I'm up on the 11th floor (which is where my office be) and I need to catch an elevator down, I have to hijack them at times. Here's how it works .... when the elevator opens, and it's going up, hop in and hit a lower floor to go down (of course, no-one should be in it who's going up - hence, no upper floor buttons can be pressed). The doors will close, then reopen as the direction of the elevator has now switched to down :) Now, the poor sap somewhere able you just lost his/her elevator.

Can you tell I get bored at work easily? Anyway, my daily average is 2. I'm trying to bring that up to 3-4 before the new year. So, I just have to think of more lame excuses to get out of my office during the day.

-----------------------
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those that falseley believe they are free."

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2001 :  5:27:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
HA! Sounds like something out of Office Space.

"People always tell you to color inside the lines, [but] who drew the lines in the first place? [Think about that.]" -Victor Wooten
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2001 :  10:43:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Four already today ... I'm on a roll. And it isn't even lunch time yet.

-----------------------
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those that falseley believe they are free."
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2001 :  5:27:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Can you believe there are people who have the job of writing elevator software? I've met a couple.

I guess the person who wrote the software for the elevators in your building left a couple of bugs/features in for you.

teri :)

http://www.honolulumarathon.org (I ran under that sign!)
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2001 :  7:08:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Too bad there isn't a feature for preventing lazy people from using the elevator to go up one floor .. sheesh. Now, if they physically can't go up a single flight of steps, thats cool... but people are just lazy, ARGH!

Sorry, just a pet peve of mine

-----------------------
Look ma, new signature!

For more information, visit: http://www.freepeltier.org
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2001 :  7:35:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
When I worked at HUD, they had signs posted all over the place that told people to use stairs instead of an elevator if they were going up one flight or down two flights. It helped to create an atmosphere of guilt for those who didn't follow the signs.

http://www.honolulumarathon.org (I ran under that sign!)
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2001 :  12:14:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah! there's a new way to get people into exercising: guilt them into it.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000