Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 National Guitars...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Arthen Posted - 09/07/2007 : 2:19:41 PM
...is hiring an office assistant, but they aren't paying enough! Dammit. If only it was a dollar more an hour. Anyone else a fan of the resophonics?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gnome44 Posted - 09/08/2007 : 11:00:46 AM
quote:
Originally posted by dan p.

ah ha. i quoted the wrong thing! i will edit this to reflect what i meant to say. sorry gnome.

No problem dan. I guess I'll get rid of the voodoo doll that I had started working on...
dan p. Posted - 09/08/2007 : 01:02:00 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

I'd have to prostitute myself out[. . .]to get the other $300 for food and other bills.

point being?
dan p. Posted - 09/08/2007 : 01:00:57 AM
ah ha. i quoted the wrong thing! i will edit this to reflect what i meant to say. sorry gnome.
gnome44 Posted - 09/08/2007 : 12:22:26 AM
Point being that it sounds like a cool job, and one that Arthen is interested in. I can't imagine $1/hr being the make-it or break-it factor. Assuming you work 40hrs/wk...it would only be (obviously) $40 less every week. I think working at National Guitars would be a really cool job...maybe even worth the sacrifice of the $1. I've taken lower-paying jobs because of other non-monetary benefits.

Personally, I feel that if you want a job, then you could likely do something in order to work around the $1 issue. I've been in some financially tight situations in my day, but never to where I couldn't do without $40/wk (well...maybe in college...).

Maybe Arthen's situation won't allow for it. Maybe it would. I was just trying to give what I thought might be helpful advice. I thought the point was pretty obvious.

It reminds me of some stories I heard where people were selling their houses, or quitting their jobs, because they couldn't afford gasoline anymore when it went up $0.50/gal. If you can't swing an extra $60/month then maybe you shouldn't have a house or a car in the first place.
gnome44 Posted - 09/07/2007 : 9:57:59 PM
I don't think anyone here would look down on you if you became a man-whore.
Arthen Posted - 09/07/2007 : 7:39:10 PM
Unfortunately I have to. Because with the pay and hours offered I'd make $600 dollars a month. My rent is $600 a month. I'd have to prostitute myself out or sell drugs to get the other $300 for food and other bills.
gnome44 Posted - 09/07/2007 : 2:49:04 PM
$1/hr won't matter much...get the job...you can't pass it up...
rubylith Posted - 09/07/2007 : 2:44:37 PM
No way! That would be a killer job. My brother has a dobro and a National. A newer one. He also was able to play Chris Whitley's national a long time ago, I have a cool photo. I wrote a cool song the other day in dminor tunning on the dobro!

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000