Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 HOLY CRAP! I POPPED A STRING ON MY GUITAR!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
{=HTG=} Posted - 12/13/2001 : 6:25:48 PM
Damnit! First time's that happened, haha, the (e). Just tunning. . .then, SNAP! Oh well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. Haha, my brother said, "you should've seen the look on your face!"

=Puerto Rico; great place, visit it sometime ^_^

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pcbTIM Posted - 12/15/2001 : 10:06:34 PM
hey look! It's a Mr. Sparkle! It's a Mr. Sparkle! D-oh! that's also Japanese.

Fluffy Posted - 12/15/2001 : 5:09:57 PM
Talk about speaking Chinese, does anyone on this thread speak English?

What? OHHHHHHHH! They are guitar players, I get it. IT all makes sense now. It was also looking like pcbdmb's missing Chemistry Exam with all its formulas, numbers, equations, and letters. Still sounds like Chinese to me. Domo Oragato! Oh Shit, thats Japanese. DOAH!!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Jay Posted - 12/15/2001 : 5:07:41 PM
i remeber the first string i ever broke was the A. Strumming around and it broke, i was so frightend that i put the guitar down and didn't play it for two days.

Jay
Have you ever been eating pistachios, and you get a real rotten one? That is the nastiest tasting thing on this planet, let me tell you what..
Fleabass76 Posted - 12/15/2001 : 05:12:10 AM
I've broken at least 5 bass strings while playing, and that includes the low E, but it's usually the G and D. One time I had to finish a jazz combo gig w/o my D string, it was freaky. The only feeling I can compare it to is when u lose a tooth and there's that empty space there. Freaky.

"People always tell you to color inside the lines, [but] who drew the lines in the first place? [Think about that.]" -Victor Wooten
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 12/15/2001 : 01:34:06 AM
That's the worst when you break a string tuning. Especially when you're tuning for the first time with a new set of strings. That's why I like those string companies that give you two high e's. It also sucks when you break a string while playing. I'll be goign ape shit, strumming like a mad man, then look down and see my g string flapping in the breeze (That last part just begs to be made fun of)

Speaking of drop tunings. I use drop C# a lot lately. C# A D G B E. I get some funky things with that.

Adam

And on the 8th day God created the art of war...and laughing, planned the end.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
BigJollyGiant Posted - 12/15/2001 : 12:04:10 AM
Hahahahah, well, what can I say, shit happens.

{=HTG=} Posted - 12/14/2001 : 11:28:55 PM
haha, those are funny. My brother nearly shit himself when he broke his first string (again, the (e))

=Puerto Rico;great place, visit it sometime ^_^

pcbTIM Posted - 12/14/2001 : 01:10:38 AM
whining like a little girl with a skinned knee.

no I'm only kidding. the g-string (I love that string) broke while I was playing with a capo. It scared the hell out of me. I nearly jumped out of my seat.
Saint Jude Posted - 12/14/2001 : 12:26:18 AM
i had one of my strings break/snap/pop a few times back that hit me in the left eye... i was screamin like a bitch after that one.

Patriotism is a maggot in their heads. - Henry D. Thoreau
Jamie M Posted - 12/13/2001 : 10:23:59 PM
Man, the same thing happened to me a couple of months ago. I would've loved to have seen my face... Pure shock.
Better high E than anything else though.

pcbTIM Posted - 12/13/2001 : 10:20:12 PM
I think you're talking about drop C tuning.

Black Lotus Posted - 12/13/2001 : 9:55:10 PM
I don't really experiment too much with alternate tunings .. I just use standard E, dropped-d and I don't even know the note, but it's lower than drop D. Ah well, I suck anyways, it's all fer personal enjoyment

-----------------------
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those that falseley believe they are free."
pcbTIM Posted - 12/13/2001 : 6:51:09 PM
the high e? the only string that ever breaks for me is the g. Why is that? my guess is that it's the weakest. Oh yeah and one of the times was because I was tuning to play Name by the Goo Goo Dolls. What a bitch.

{=HTG=} Posted - 12/13/2001 : 6:36:18 PM
Nope, sorry.

Black Lotus Posted - 12/13/2001 : 6:28:03 PM
HAHAHAH, you suck. I need a high E .. .011, got a spare?

-----------------------
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those that falseley believe they are free."

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000