Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Saw Leo Kottke in Harrisburg Last Nite...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 04/13/2007 : 09:36:52 AM
Now everybody fucking listen...

If any of you have a chance to see Leo, check him out, you will NOT be disappointed. He played a great set (including memorable tunes Ojo, Air Proofing 2, Rings, etc) and some great tracks I've never heard but will hunt down for sure. Worth every second of the 2 hour drive. If you want impetus to go, check out his Home and Away DVD, you'll be an instant fan. (check out: I Yell At Traffic, Everybody Lies, The Ice Fields) His opener David Lindley was also good. A bit hampered by silly song writing, but amusing nonetheless.

Also, if TR hasn't soaked up every last bit of LK possible, then I'll shit a pickle. Way too many similarities in playing style. TR and Leo jam? Fuggeddaboudit.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 04/17/2007 : 10:24:33 AM
Yah, he had some SERIOUS instruments on stage with him.
Robin Posted - 04/16/2007 : 6:39:17 PM
I agree with Fluffy wholeheartedly on this,
David Lindley IS amazing. I've been lucky enough to catch a lot of El Rayo X shows when that was his band. He plays here often and I've talked with him many TIMes as well. He travels all over the world and brings back intruments you've never seen.He is funny and incredibly talented. I'd really love to see him and TR on a stage together. Peace, Robin
Fluffy Posted - 04/16/2007 : 5:37:15 PM
I was just advancing the show in Woodstock and we got to chatting and they mentioned that David Lindley had just been there doing a solo performance. They said it was unbelieveable and that he was absolutely wonderful to deal with. I love when I hear that awesome musicians are also good people to deal with as well.
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 04/16/2007 : 4:39:38 PM
quote:
For anyone who thinks I am talking out my ass, just don't take my word for it...

Jeez, Fluffy, I think we can all take your advice when it comes to music.
Fluffy Posted - 04/13/2007 : 6:08:54 PM
Hey gnome, happy you discovered David Lindley, he is absolutely amazing. You should check out some of his El Rayo-X stuff. For anyone who thinks I am talking out my ass, just don't take my word for it, check out his list of credits on his discography page. Obviously alot of top notch performers value his amazing skills as well.

http://www.davidlindley.com/
gnome44 Posted - 04/13/2007 : 12:19:45 PM
Yeah, I noticed all of the beards too. I kept thinking, "Man, I hope he doesn't think that's me!"

I was the really cool looking one...
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 04/13/2007 : 11:37:39 AM
AHAHA, we were left mezzanine and EVERYONE there had beard, so we said F it. We were in the lobby for a bit afterwards, but to no avail, I suppose. Oh well, catch you at the next TR show then!

Zevon's 'Seminole Bingo' was great though. He was funny, and a great musician, just didn't capture my soul like Leo does.
gnome44 Posted - 04/13/2007 : 10:42:55 AM
I also attended the show...and I have to agree with most of HRW's points.

Leo was incredible! It almost seemed that he talked more than he played...but maybe that's just because I wanted him to play more! Great set, great performance, great performer. He's worth seeing because he's one of the greatest guitarists in the world...but also because he's someone you "should" see. Like Ravi Shankar or Bob Dylan. He's a must.

David Lindley, for me, was the highlight of the night. I hadn't known anything about him before attending. Indeed, two of his songs were silly...but they were still great songs. He did two Zevon covers which were incredible. And a Springsteen song. I hate Bruce, but this version was great ("Brothers Under the Bridge").

As an encore the two of them did a bluesy jam thing of Blind Willie Johnson's. Great show.

I missed you HRW. Where'd you sit? I figured I'd spot you since it was a relatively small venue. We were in the 5th row, (real row, not the seats up front) dead center.

Oh well, looks like you missed an opportunity to meet a really great person.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000