Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Introducing... Corporate Kevin.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KevinLesko Posted - 03/24/2007 : 3:38:14 PM
Well, starting Monday I start a new position with Virgin at our corporate HQ in Los Angeles. About two weeks ago a position opened up that sounded right up my alley, basically ordering DVDs for the nation, and I went for it, and got the Job! The only part I'm not looking forward to will be the daily commute into LA each day, but luckily Sirius sattelite radio with Howard Stern was invented. I'm definatley nervous, as it is a major change in my life, but also excited to give something new a chance, and hopefully this will lead to many open doors along the way.
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 03/26/2007 : 04:12:16 AM
Congrats Kevin! All the luck in the world. I hope it works out for you. I know you will do great at it, just hope you can handle all the bs that comes along with that side of it. I sure you can if you put your mind to it, I would just like to see you happy in your job as well as successful. Good luck my friend!

PS, did you see my other post to you in your other thread? Check it out when you have sec.
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 03/25/2007 : 11:56:20 AM
Congrats Kevin! Welcome to Corporate America.

I hear you about the traffic thing. I usually try to get in by 7:45 and knock off around 4:15. That way I get to work before the major traffic starts, and I get home just as most people are waiting in bumper to bumper traffic. Either that or I wind up working from 7:45 to like 5:30...

By the way, we had some friends over to watch Borat on Friday night. They hated the movie, but they thought it was pretty cool when I pointed you out and told them the story.
PJK Posted - 03/25/2007 : 10:24:49 AM
Bet you won't ever have to buy another DVD, LOL. Yeah Perks!
Arthen Posted - 03/25/2007 : 01:43:23 AM
Sweet!

I don't want to inquire too much, but are you getting better benefits, medical, etc? Is Virgin a good company to work for in your estimation?
KevinLesko Posted - 03/24/2007 : 11:05:53 PM
Ben, it is indeed a good ol' M-F 9-5, although I might try to make it like a 7-4 or something to beat traffic.

One benefit is that it should actually help out my concert going, because I'll already be in LA, I often pass on LA shows because it is too much of a hastle to go to LA on a work day, but now that I'll already be there, I'll be able to go to more shows! Actually last night I went to see Kenny Wayne Shepherd at the HOB, so there you go!
Arthen Posted - 03/24/2007 : 10:16:31 PM
Well done Kevin! Congratulations are in due order sir. Is this a regular 9-5 job? I'm sure you won't let it encroach on your concert going activities!
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 03/24/2007 : 7:41:40 PM
dude you freekin' OWN Virgin by now... You keep going up and up and up!!

GOOD JOB!!!
tericee Posted - 03/24/2007 : 6:32:55 PM
YAY Kevin! I should connect to you on Linked In now that you're a corporate executive!
KevinLesko Posted - 03/24/2007 : 5:52:46 PM
I live in Costa Mesa, which is the next city over from Santa Ana
Erich Posted - 03/24/2007 : 5:43:44 PM
santa ana area, visiting a lovely lady
KevinLesko Posted - 03/24/2007 : 5:23:36 PM
Thanks guys!

Erich, are you going to be north or south?
dan p. Posted - 03/24/2007 : 5:06:05 PM
way to sell out, asshole. just kidding. congrats.
Erich Posted - 03/24/2007 : 4:57:34 PM
though i doubt im going to be able to go to LA, im going to be pretty close to that area in a few weeks. Its too bad, i wouldvel iked to stop by and say hey.
PJK Posted - 03/24/2007 : 4:47:31 PM
CONGRATULATIONS KEVIN!!!! You most definitely deserve it and I know you will do an excellent job! My very best wishes go out to you. I know you are nervous, but that's natural. You will be fine. Please keep us updated on how the job goes for you. Great news!

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000