Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 just curious...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dirtysloth Posted - 03/21/2007 : 11:01:34 AM
Do they serve "freedom fries" in prison?
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tericee Posted - 03/26/2007 : 07:25:32 AM
The Swiss have something like tater tots; they are called "Rosti."
:-9
Ranting Thespian Posted - 03/26/2007 : 12:55:30 AM
what about good old tater tots? Crunchy on the outside, flakey potato inside, what's not to love?
PJK Posted - 03/25/2007 : 8:48:16 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I bet there's plenty of freedom kissing in prison too.

LOL tres bien! C'est si bizarre!

quote:
also, that was the french then. everyone who helped build the country is dead. the french now are made up of entirely different people, who may or may not be as good.

Yep, different people today, but they said it was wrong to attack Iraq? I think they were right about that.
dirtysloth Posted - 03/23/2007 : 11:23:34 AM
I bet there's plenty of freedom kissing in prison too.
dan p. Posted - 03/22/2007 : 3:49:26 PM
also, that was the french then. everyone who helped build the country is dead. the french now are made up of entirely different people, who may or may not be as good.

just a heads up, i'm not one of these assholes who hates the french. just playing devil's advocate.
Arthen Posted - 03/22/2007 : 12:13:26 AM
quote:
Originally posted by PJK

[quote]
And did everyone forget that without the French, there would be no USA? Good old Washington and freinds wouldn't have won the Revolutionary war without the help of the French.

That's a tough call to make. I won't argue that the French did not help, but it's hard to speak about what would have happened, if they didn't. It's fun to think about, and there are tons of authors writing historical fiction with the "what if" questions.
tericee Posted - 03/21/2007 : 5:12:37 PM
Thank you for understanding, Pam!
PJK Posted - 03/21/2007 : 4:09:51 PM
quote:
Mostly we ended up using the word "chips" instead of friends since there were so many Brits around.

I think you mean "instead of fries!" Having said that, doesn't it always piss you off when the computer says "I think you mean....." because you make a typo googling something? I always scream at my computer when it does that because OF COURSE THAT IS WHAT I MEANT.....and BTW, I know what you meant too Teri.

Back to the subject, I don't know why everyone hated the "French" for not agreeing with the US to go to war in Iraq. Isn't that what everyone is saying NOW? Jeeeze, where was everyone BEFORE the war yelling NO WAR? Humm, maybe with me and thousands of others?

And did everyone forget that without the French, there would be no USA? Good old Washington and freinds wouldn't have won the Revolutionary war without the help of the French.
tericee Posted - 03/21/2007 : 2:00:47 PM
I think the whole naming thing is sort of silly too. Reminds me of the scene in Better of Dead where the mom is trying to serve "french" items to the exchange student...
quote:
"In honor of our special guest, I've created dinner mon dieu — including Frahnch fries ... Frahnch dressing ... and Frahnch bread. And to drink ..." (holding up a bottle of Perrier) "Pay-roo!"

While skiing in France, we made it a point to never order French Onion Soup or French Fries because we didn't want to look like dumb Americans. Mostly we ended up using the word "chips" instead of friends since there were so many Brits around.
dan p. Posted - 03/21/2007 : 1:01:36 PM
it isn't really a new idea to rename something because we don't like a country. it used to be petersburg, but then in world war 1 we didn't like germans so we added an h so it wouldn't look so german. saying freedom fries is just the newest way to be stupid.
sciphish Posted - 03/21/2007 : 12:37:09 PM
Damn french

I'm joking...geez.
rubylith Posted - 03/21/2007 : 11:18:30 AM
haha...you know the guy who came up with that ridiculous idea has come foward and said he believe the government carried out 9/11 and is ashamed for the "freedom fries" idea. I forget his name though.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000