Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Finally, some videos

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JemezFoodPeople Posted - 03/09/2007 : 9:29:29 PM
Hey everyone
I finally caught up to the rest of the world and uploaded some videos on YouTube. Check them out and let me know what you think!

Legacy - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSyPyfLQH6U

Bounce - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4xxQPKvqY8

Moscow Skyline - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWWzuMkqKTY

Ditched - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRsBuvO1Lz0

-Matt
32   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 03/14/2007 : 02:16:57 AM
Now, all of you fucking listen.

That's all, folks!
dan p. Posted - 03/13/2007 : 7:11:42 PM
and a last time for everything.
Arthen Posted - 03/12/2007 : 4:57:27 PM
quote:
Originally posted by dan p.

holy god. i was going to edit it, but you know? i'm going to leave it. i have made an error, and there it is. let this be its epitaph.

Well there's a first time for everything...
dan p. Posted - 03/12/2007 : 4:54:45 PM
holy god. i was going to edit it, but you know? i'm going to leave it. i have made an error, and there it is. let this be its epitaph.
Arthen Posted - 03/12/2007 : 4:52:37 PM
quote:
Originally posted by dan p.

i demand that hrw being every post with, "now, all of you fucking listen."

Seconded.
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 03/12/2007 : 4:40:51 PM
Dan, thanks, but a heinous spelling error took the wind out.
dan p. Posted - 03/12/2007 : 4:37:18 PM
i demand that hrw being every post with, "now, all of you fucking listen."
jsemon2 Posted - 03/12/2007 : 09:35:58 AM
haha, there we go matt.

thanks for playing the game.
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 03/12/2007 : 03:19:37 AM
Matt Winn, ladies and gentlemen.
JemezFoodPeople Posted - 03/12/2007 : 12:38:24 AM
That's 4 more than you.

To sum up why this whole shpiel went up on youtube: I didn't put my conventional songs on there because you could watch them or you could just....um... *listen* to them. They have no added visual appeal that would justify my posting of a video. Similarly, once you've seen one picture of me strumming (or four), you've seen them all. I was being nice to you by not wasting your time with the same pictures

Just for you, John, I have uploaded a rough demo of a newer song that you might like.
http://www.mattwinn.com/Sess_311cr.mp3

This is a rough early version. I currently play it with the guitar behind my back using my nose and only the thumbs of either hand while wearing hockey gloves and balancing on one rollerskate. I would do it on a rollerblade, but that would be too hard.
Don't worry, though! I perform this one behind a large curtain so loyal listeners like you won't have to be bothered by my antics

Anyway, thanks for browsing the site!
peace
jsemon2 Posted - 03/11/2007 : 11:23:31 PM
http://www.mattwinn.com/pictures.htm

i count 4 pictures TOPS of you not slapping, slamming, poking, tapping, etc the guitar and maybe, just maybe strumming the guitar.
jsemon2 Posted - 03/11/2007 : 11:21:42 PM
quote:
Originally posted by JemezFoodPeople

That damn Greg Howard... why does he always tap so much

yeah im def not a fan of his....
JemezFoodPeople Posted - 03/11/2007 : 10:22:10 PM
That damn Greg Howard... why does he always tap so much
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 03/11/2007 : 8:51:25 PM
I guess it's en vogue...but tell that to Preston Reed.
jsemon2 Posted - 03/11/2007 : 8:33:14 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Hopeful Rolling Waves

Also, John Semon is an idiot. He is a valuable asset to this board, and a friend of mine, but no less, an idiot. His opinion is worth his weight in Cheetos.

who is this johnny cheetos guy? yeah, i dont play the guitar so my views on it are from a hearing/visual standpoint. it just seems odd to me the last few people to post videos of them playing have been the slap/tap technique....
gnome44 Posted - 03/11/2007 : 8:11:51 PM
No problem, Matt. I'll update my address book.

Thanks for the initial kind words. Believe me, I do take pride in my work. It's just that the CD really isn't as good as it could have been. It was recorded in one shot in about 3 hours one Saturday. I've re-worked some of the songs, and I have written several more since then. I might have played it down a bit just incase you thought it sucked...then I'd have an excuse to fall back on !

I look forward to your response.
JemezFoodPeople Posted - 03/11/2007 : 7:48:37 PM
Hey Eric, I didn't respond becaus eyou sent it to my old email address which I check about once a week. it's better to reach me at mwinn (number 83) (at) yahoo.com. I'll respond tomorrow with a more detailed thought about my impression, but overall, it was a lot better (cleaner, organized, enjoyable) than I expected, since you prefaced it with such a humble description. You should take more pride in your work!
gnome44 Posted - 03/11/2007 : 7:35:52 PM
Great videos, Matt! The sound is really amazing...I'd like to know what you were playing through.

By the way, did you get my email about my CD that I dropped off at College Perk? I'm starting to think that my email isn't working (seriously) or else people are really just totally blowing me off. Oh well.
JemezFoodPeople Posted - 03/11/2007 : 7:25:06 PM
oh wow, I was at the Tin Angel show... I think that was before we met, though. Did you get ripped apart by the 20 dollar parking fee as well?
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 03/11/2007 : 6:11:37 PM
I was actually supposed to attend that show, Matt, but I was under the weather. Kaki signed my Taylor for me at the Tin Angel, '<heart> and kisses' she wrote...I think it was my Miles Davis T-shirt.
JemezFoodPeople Posted - 03/11/2007 : 5:24:36 PM
hahahaa that was a firy rant. I think your expression "abuse the privilege" is a good one. I used to abuse the privilege a lot but have turned my attention more towards real songwriting (as will hopefully be evident in the coming album). I don't think Justin King is *totally* about that, though. He obviously got popular because of it, though.

Personally, I have seen the effects that come about for guys like Justin and for Andy McKee when these videos get around. If that's what it takes to get more people to the recher Theater, then so be it. I wrote the tunes, and I'm proud of them (although not nearly as proud as I am of the conventional fingerstyle ones).

HRW here's something you didn't know about Kaki: I have a small postcard that she personally doodled on for me with a shiny silver paint pen. She completed this work of art at her and Tim's show in New Brunswick NJ a few years back.
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 03/11/2007 : 03:02:22 AM
Now, all of you fucking listen.

No one here knows more of and about Kaki King than I do. She's got some tapping songs, woopdie doo. Her conventional guitar playing, along with her lap steel playing, sets her apart from the pack as a SONGWRITER. Tim has some wank-a-licious moments, no fair faulting Kaki for Playing With Pink Noise and Magazine. It's artists like that schlong Justin King and various others who abuse the privilege and churn out homogenised sounding crapola.

Now, I have listened to Matt's music plenty and have seen him live a couple of times now. A few of his licks resemble Kaki's...so what. It's unavoidable...there are only 12 notes in the chromatic scale, occasionally some of them will be played in the same succession in various tunes.

Also, John Semon is an idiot. He is a valuable asset to this board, and a friend of mine, but no less, an idiot. His opinion is worth his weight in Cheetos.

Rock on, Matt.
Ranting Thespian Posted - 03/11/2007 : 01:21:24 AM
quote:
Originally posted by jsemon2

. . . cant stand this kaki king shit . . .

In her interivew in Guitar World Acoustic, she talked about that she didn't want to be known as that tap guitar girl from letterman. She even says that stuff is actualy quite easy for her, and that there's a lot tougher stuff then that. She intentionaly made her second album, Until We Felt Red, less of that and more chords, struming, and electric (and i think it's her better album). She also can play drums too and a few others.

If someone wants to see/hear good tapping, introduce them to Greg Howard man!
JemezFoodPeople Posted - 03/10/2007 : 8:52:10 PM
I don't do a whole lot of gigging anymore since I am super busy with work, teaching, and trying to get a PhD. Sometimes, though, a golden opportunity for a perfect gig comes up (*couch cough* April 4!), and I LOVE to play. If I had the choice, I'd gig all the time.

by the way, I put a new song up - Stampede
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OKa15np_zY
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 03/10/2007 : 2:33:53 PM
Nice stuff. Do you gig a lot with your solo acoustic stuff?
jsemon2 Posted - 03/10/2007 : 12:16:01 PM
it meant the style of hammering down everything.....

and for the style you showcased, it was awesome. just not my style. i'm more a pick, strumming guitar listener.
PJK Posted - 03/10/2007 : 09:34:18 AM
quote:
uhm, is it not cool to play acoustic guitar normally anymore? no offense but i cant stand this kaki king shit, it is all the rave these days.

Which is why music is so great, there is so much diversity that if you don't like one style there's plenty of others out there to listen to. I for one love that style and hearing Matt play at Grape Street in Philly was one of my all time favorite shows.

I am also a huge fan of Dave Cahill's and I think it's pretty damn cool that board members share their work here.
rubylith Posted - 03/10/2007 : 01:14:45 AM
You rule hands down.
JemezFoodPeople Posted - 03/10/2007 : 01:06:07 AM
oh oh oh post 300!
JemezFoodPeople Posted - 03/10/2007 : 01:05:01 AM
I don't know what kaki king has to do with anything. When I saw her play, she played conventionally about 95% of the time. I've got ideas, and I carried them out how i saw fit. Perhaps you'd like some of the more laid back stuff I've been doing for the new record.
jsemon2 Posted - 03/09/2007 : 10:47:47 PM
uhm, is it not cool to play acoustic guitar normally anymore? no offense but i cant stand this kaki king shit, it is all the rave these days.
PJK Posted - 03/09/2007 : 10:14:53 PM
Awesome Matt! I forgot how much fun it is watching you play the guitar. Thanks so much for sharing!

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000