Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Magnolia

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KevinLesko Posted - 06/15/2006 : 8:19:36 PM
Just watched this movie for the first time today. I had heard good things, but never really got around to watching it. I must say, pretty darn good movie. The ending was really odd... I don't think I liked it too much, because I thought the majority of the movie was very beleivable and the ending wasn't but I also got the symbolism that went along with the entire movie. It was over 3 hours, so I know it wont be for everyone, but the cast is great and it was definately one of the better peices of cinema I have seen lately.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 06/20/2006 : 12:38:43 PM
Ahhh yes, frogs! LOL As for Short Cuts, there is definitely a Criterion Edition. Definitely worth a peak. Another one that could fall into that category or maybe better described as Short Cuts or Magnolia meets Crash(the movie not the DMB song) is another of my faves called Grand Canyon with Kevin Kline. Great, great movie!
KevinLesko Posted - 06/20/2006 : 02:29:55 AM
Ah Short Cuts, I think there is a Criterion Collection version of that... I'll have to check it out.

As for the ending of Magnolia, I don't want to ruin it for anyone, so just to maybe refresh your memory, I'll say "FROGS"
Fluffy Posted - 06/16/2006 : 7:26:33 PM
I remember loving that movie, I saw it when it came out. As I only saw it the once I don't really remember the end but I don't remember disliking it. I will have to check it out again. I remember thinking it reminded me of another of my fave movies, "Short Cuts" by Robert Altman, here's a link:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108122/

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000