Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Magnolia
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  8:19:36 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just watched this movie for the first time today. I had heard good things, but never really got around to watching it. I must say, pretty darn good movie. The ending was really odd... I don't think I liked it too much, because I thought the majority of the movie was very beleivable and the ending wasn't but I also got the symbolism that went along with the entire movie. It was over 3 hours, so I know it wont be for everyone, but the cast is great and it was definately one of the better peices of cinema I have seen lately.

god
Kevin

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  7:26:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I remember loving that movie, I saw it when it came out. As I only saw it the once I don't really remember the end but I don't remember disliking it. I will have to check it out again. I remember thinking it reminded me of another of my fave movies, "Short Cuts" by Robert Altman, here's a link:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108122/

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2006 :  02:29:55 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ah Short Cuts, I think there is a Criterion Collection version of that... I'll have to check it out.

As for the ending of Magnolia, I don't want to ruin it for anyone, so just to maybe refresh your memory, I'll say "FROGS"

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2006 :  12:38:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ahhh yes, frogs! LOL As for Short Cuts, there is definitely a Criterion Edition. Definitely worth a peak. Another one that could fall into that category or maybe better described as Short Cuts or Magnolia meets Crash(the movie not the DMB song) is another of my faves called Grand Canyon with Kevin Kline. Great, great movie!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000