Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 The Simpsons aren't funny anymore

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kazi Posted - 11/18/2005 : 1:57:31 PM
Any ideas on why they aren't funny anymore, besides the fact that they always bring on celebrities?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pcbTIM Posted - 11/19/2005 : 4:14:33 PM
They should cancel the Simpsons already....and NOT CANCEL ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT!!!!! That is my favorite show (along with Scrubs). Fox needs to realize that just because The Simpsons was the reason they became a major network does not mean that they need to keep renewing their contract. Stop prolonging shows to the point where ideas are running short and let new shows have a chance.
Kenneth Posted - 11/18/2005 : 3:35:41 PM
The one last week when Homer was working out with the dumbbell was pretty funny. Not sure if it was new or not but it was the first time I had seen it.
Arthen Posted - 11/18/2005 : 3:28:42 PM
More Sideshow Bob!

Oh! And another thing comes to mind, the passing of Phil Hartman. That could be another reason for the series being not as funny. He added so much.
therippa Posted - 11/18/2005 : 2:53:38 PM
I think the simpsons is no longer funny for the following reasons...

1. The new writers try to take the show in a different direction than they did from seasons 3-9. I loved seasons 1-2 when I was a kid (when the focus was on Bart), but now I cringe at them. Around season 3 they realized Homer should be the comedic focus, and did so with great results.

2. The plots of the recent seasons are too topical. Homer getting stoned (although that was funny), gay marriage, adoption...blech. Leave the topical humor to south park, they do it right.

3. Celebrity guests no longer do character voices. Back in the early seasons, whenever they had a special guest it was to do the voice of a Springfield character, not themself. It seems nowadays they build entire episodes around the "special guest", not the other way around. For example, the episodes with Tony Hawk and 50 Cent.

4. Not that this doesn't make it any funnier, but the animation is now done on a computer and I just plained liked it better when it was hand animated...it almost seemed like since so much work had to be put in to it they made sure they had a solid plot to go on.

Worst Post EVER
SurferX Posted - 11/18/2005 : 2:41:32 PM
Simple...They are using all the good jokes for the Simpsons movie!

Seriously though...The show has been on the air for more than 15 years...Throw that in with the fact they don't want to be TOO edgy and you've got your modern day Simpsons.

However, the voice acting has never been better. Those guys are amazing!
Kazi Posted - 11/18/2005 : 2:15:49 PM
oh yeah, why is that?
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/18/2005 : 2:07:25 PM
I know exactly why they aren't funny.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000