Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Best Bach Pieces

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
CPPJames Posted - 08/22/2005 : 11:46:45 AM
I've taken a liking to classical music, specifically Bach as of late. Anyone recommend any specific pieces/concertos/etc. that I should find? I'm completely new to classical in general...but I'd like to grab the stuff that's really stellar. There's so much to sift through right now. Thanks!
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
victorwootenfan Posted - 10/10/2005 : 3:57:53 PM
I'm still hoping to study with Rabbath one day...or least get a lesson with him or something. there's always hope, one of my friends at school has done stuff with rabbath, and my professor also has studied some with rabbath. he's the man!
Zachmozach Posted - 10/09/2005 : 2:50:41 PM
Rabbath was an animal. Edgar is as well, or maybe an alien from another planet.
victorwootenfan Posted - 10/09/2005 : 1:01:38 PM
cello suites, my favorite. I'm learning the G major minuets right now, on the ol' upright. yes, i do love edger meyer's version. Francois rabbath has a good bass version as well. Also cello wise, janos starker plays the hell out of em, good stuffs!
Jorg Posted - 08/31/2005 : 05:35:00 AM
allemande on the cello by yoyo ma is one of the most relaxing songs ever.
JoeGamo05 Posted - 08/29/2005 : 11:08:23 AM
you should check out one of Belafleck's albums, it's all classical on banjo... has 3-4 bach pieces in there
PJK Posted - 08/26/2005 : 12:42:40 PM
quote:
Posted - 08/23/2005 : 1:09:17 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cello suites

Plyed by Segovia! Cello Suite in G major! Awesome (as is anything by Segovia!)
Silky The Pimp Posted - 08/23/2005 : 6:45:00 PM
Air For G String... or something to that effect.
Zachmozach Posted - 08/23/2005 : 1:18:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by bugman96

Cello suites

Played on the upright bass by Edgar Meyer. That is astonishing.
bugman96 Posted - 08/23/2005 : 1:09:17 PM
Cello suites
dan p. Posted - 08/23/2005 : 01:31:29 AM
i would have to say his Mass in B Minor is my favorite. but when you stop to consider the amount of bach i've heard as compared to the total amount, you have to take that with a grain of salt.

as for other classical, i suggest stravinsky's 3 Ballet Russes: Petrushka, The Firebird Suite, and Le Sacre du Printemps. also his Symphony of Pslams is awesome. and Rismky-Korsokav's Russian Easter is awesome. Respighi's "The Pines of Rome" is excellent. there's just so much good music.
Banjobach Posted - 08/22/2005 : 7:29:59 PM
check out dvorak's symphony #9 from the new world. One piece is called allegro con fueco or something but it is simply awesome. Anything he did from the "New World" is pretty cool.
Zachmozach Posted - 08/22/2005 : 1:32:47 PM
I've been listening to some of the Brandenburg concertos recently. I also really enjoy listening to his organ works. It's almost a general rule with Bach though that if he wrote it, it's good. He wrote so much I haven't even begun to hear the full scope of what Bach meant musically and few people have. Since he wrote such an incredible amount I would consider checking his music out by instrumentation in the begining.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000