Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Daves Gravedigger Great Video

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PJK Posted - 09/20/2003 : 11:43:41 AM
I caught the video on MTV and WOW was that powerful! I was so moved by it! Glad to see he is getting back on the edge again. The half hour coverage of Dave can be seen on MTV and MTV 2 at various TIMes. They are listed on the DMB website. Really worth watching! (and I don't even like MTV)
25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Black Lotus Posted - 09/26/2003 : 12:30:15 PM
quote:
Originally posted by dick mountjoy

I got the new album and wasn't overly impressed. It was ok. As for Gravedigger, I first heard in Sept '02 when he played it by himself as the first song of the encore at Alpine Valley. It was pretty darn good just by himself, using his emotion to fuel the song. I think the version on the album sounds too 'produced'.

Sounds like the first time I heard it .. Camden, NJ last year. First some of the encore, came out and did it solo. He played a really long version too, it was amazing.
dick mountjoy Posted - 09/25/2003 : 8:01:32 PM
I got the new album and wasn't overly impressed. It was ok. As for Gravedigger, I first heard in Sept '02 when he played it by himself as the first song of the encore at Alpine Valley. It was pretty darn good just by himself, using his emotion to fuel the song. I think the version on the album sounds too 'produced'.
victorwootenfan Posted - 09/24/2003 : 9:26:28 PM
one of my friends is watching the aol live broadcast of the central park concert right now...

her: "i don't know any of the songs"

me: "he put out a new album"

her: "oh...is that a good idea?"

me: "grrr...*wishes i could be watching it"
victorwootenfan Posted - 09/24/2003 : 11:23:09 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

And suddenly, in the distance the RIAA, cried out in pain...

like millions of voices crying out at once...and suddenly silenced..

victorwootenfan Posted - 09/24/2003 : 11:20:56 AM
thanks prs...i might do that...but i'll probably end up buying the dave cd for this time. if more cds start coming out in this kind of format, then i'll probably download that and start having to do that.

it's like i still buy cds, and lots of em, but i don't have enough money to get all the cds i want, so i end buying about 10 to every 100 cds i burn...
Arthen Posted - 09/24/2003 : 11:19:27 AM
And suddenly, in the distance the RIAA, cried out in pain...
prsmartin Posted - 09/24/2003 : 10:05:25 AM
You don't even need to do that with a marker, because you risk damaging the disc. I shouldn't be telling you this, but extract the audio from the disc with MusicMatch Jukebox (or similar extraction/ripping tool). There's a 320kbps mp3 extraction tool which is very nice and user friendly. Do that, and then burn the mp3's. Although I don't condone it (eh hmm...sorry something in my throat), thats the best method. Trust me.
victorwootenfan Posted - 09/24/2003 : 07:29:34 AM
I haven't fooled around with it yet, and i've heard of that thing with the marker...i'll mess around with the cds this evening and see if i can get em to work.
Fleabass76 Posted - 09/24/2003 : 12:25:15 AM
Is it a DVD format?

If not I've heard that if you take a sharpie and go along the very edge of the CD with it, it will get rid of the copy protection. That's what I heard for a certain type of copy protection, this might be different.

Does it let you make the songs into mp3's at all?
victorwootenfan Posted - 09/24/2003 : 12:07:29 AM
ok...one of suite mates here at college got the new dave cd, with the bonus disk...i guess it's a newer type of cd or whatnot...but i can't burn it!!! I'm mad, i was going to buy it anyway, but i really wanted a copy of the T&D show. But it's not burnable!!

damn you industry!!
KevinLesko Posted - 09/23/2003 : 03:42:49 AM
quote:
True, I thought about that. But if you pick it up early when it comes out on Tuesday, you still get a special D&T CD, but it only hase 5 tracks, where as you pre-order it, you get two added to that. If your a member of Warehouse and pre-order, you get 9.

and having recieved my 7-track bonus disc, let me say that it is worth every penny of pre-ordering Some Devil just for the mastered quality D + T disc. Great versions on there!!!!
KevinLesko Posted - 09/22/2003 : 12:59:39 PM
Thanks Krystal, the video was indeed there, and it was pretty darn cool, you are right Pam it definately adds to the song. Here is a warning though to anyone who goes there to watch the video, be sure to close the movie player window immediately after Gravedigger finishes, or risk the threat of having a Linkin Park video come on afterwards I just wish somebody had warned me!
krystal Posted - 09/22/2003 : 11:27:37 AM
I saw the Gravedigger video online, through Yahoo! Launch, I think....www.launch.yahoo.com

I think it's great, I am wondering if any music stores in my area are having midnight release parties of SD tonight.
{=HTG=} Posted - 09/22/2003 : 06:04:30 AM
quote:
HTG, if you're going to pick it up anyway, why not preorder it? You'll get a free D&T cd if you do preorder

True, I thought about that. But if you pick it up early when it comes out on Tuesday, you still get a special D&T CD, but it only hase 5 tracks, where as you pre-order it, you get two added to that. If your a member of Warehouse and pre-order, you get 9.
Arthen Posted - 09/22/2003 : 02:26:30 AM
Yeah, good point Kevin. Tim and Trey. I'm definitely excited to hear the songs that feature Tim.
KevinLesko Posted - 09/22/2003 : 01:56:18 AM
hmmmm, I just may have to check out that video, any versions online yet? Let's also not forget that TR's guitar will be all over the new cd, and that is what I'm excited to hear.
Miss Sorrel Posted - 09/22/2003 : 12:15:37 AM
Yeah, I really like the studio version... I normally favor live, but I think it sounds great... And I am usually good at figuring this out, but i can't decifer what the song really means... anybody know?
Saint Jude Posted - 09/21/2003 : 7:29:39 PM
i liked the video, reminded me alot of Dont Drink the Water, so did the song.
PJK Posted - 09/21/2003 : 09:25:47 AM
Fleabass, honestly I don't know what my impression of gravedigger would have been had I not heard it in video form the first time. The video is just so powerful that I am sure the images shown will pop into my mind when I hear the song again.

He played another song though and I really liked it, just can't remember the name of it now. I am psyched to get my copy of Some Devil.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 09/21/2003 : 09:17:12 AM
HTG, if you're going to pick it up anyway, why not preorder it? You'll get a free D&T cd if you do preorder.
{=HTG=} Posted - 09/21/2003 : 02:26:53 AM
Cant wait to pick up my copy of 'Some Devil' on Tuesday. What i've heard so far is impressive.
Arthen Posted - 09/21/2003 : 12:29:12 AM
I'm very skeptical about it. I haven't been impressed with what I've heard either. Granted, I'll still pick up a copy...
Fleabass76 Posted - 09/20/2003 : 10:23:00 PM
I think it sounds alot like stuff of Everyday. I wasn't too impressed, just some pop song. Also, the melody/lyrics in part of it are way to similar to the lyrics in a DMB song, I forget which one.
victorwootenfan Posted - 09/20/2003 : 2:41:45 PM
i agree!!!

it's very very good, one of my friends sent it to me via internet one day.

i like it! can't wait to hear more of dave's new stuff.
bugman96 Posted - 09/20/2003 : 1:58:17 PM
Yeah. I got goosebumps when I first saw it.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000