Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Well, I had a gun to my head last night.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Erich Posted - 08/15/2003 : 08:29:14 AM
And it wasnt because of my magnetic personality :)

So, as you all know, there was the blackout of '03. Best thing to happen to the city in years i think, it got everyone off the computer, cell phone, television, and OUT OF THE HOUSE (gasp!). I saw people walking outside with expressions on their face likr "... we have neighbors? wait, hold up, theres sunlight here?" Yeah, there was a bit of panic, but luckily the mayor of NYC didnt tell people to buy duct tape.

Anyway, my story. last night, bout 12:00am, i think to myself: "when is the next time im going to see my city like this?". So my folks were asleep and i decided to take a neighborhood walk. Ok, it was dumb, but ive done this for years and have walked in darker and more terrifying areas (Bayside, Queens in NYC is disney land compared to Philly or Detroit at night. Thanks Tim Reyonlds for being booked in nice areas ;)). Im 3 blocks from home and hear a shuffle, and there are two black guys behind me. One asks the nearest way to the bus, and at that point i know im fucked, so i say something and out comes the gun. Get on the floor, dont run. thats what i heard. I cant tell you how instantanius this thought was, but it was the only thing i thought: If he wants to kill me, he will, so run. And i did, and i got to a security van that rode with me home the 2 blocks.

Mind you, im still shaken up, and its 8 hours after the incident. I couldnt sleep very well, especialy since to keep my sanity i listened to the local jazz radio station and read by candlelight. My anxiety is pretty hight, and i get flashes of the incident pretty frequently. I know it will pass, but its slightly frightening. I promised myself no more late night runs to the store, just to play it safe for a while. I cant live in fear obviously, but its natural to live in caution for the time being.

But on a brighter note (and seeing how we finaly have power :D), it was still beautiful last night. the weather was cool and it was pitch black, nothing was on except a random light from a generator and a random garbage or polce car (go figure that one, police around all fucking night and I pick the moment theyre not). I now wish i couldve seen times square at midnight, that would be intense.

So, you still got me, despite a few of you wishing otherwise im sure ;). Regardless, it was pretty fucking scarey, and as cheesey as it sounds it really does make you appreciate life more. It also makes me appreciate my grandmother and my mom always telling me to be careful out there.

peace :)
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Saint Jude Posted - 08/24/2003 : 1:04:10 PM
wow, dude that sux. glad you're alright though.
Cant we all just get along.
Fleabass76 Posted - 08/21/2003 : 10:06:21 PM
Wow, that's crazy, glad you didn't get hurt. FEI most people are horrible shots with handguns at more that 5 yards when aiming at a moving target, especially untrained street thieves.

Security van? Like the armored bank cars? I'm confused.
Miss Sorrel Posted - 08/21/2003 : 9:59:37 PM
Erich I am so sorry to hear this... However.. I am sure like a week after you are seeing that all things happen for a reason... How've you felt waking up in the morning since that incident? I'm sure waking up to the alarm clock isn't so harsh!

I am so happy to hear that you are alright.... Let us know when you have that song written!
Fluffy Posted - 08/16/2003 : 04:36:57 AM
Hey Erich, glad to hear you are OK, and only just a little shaken, it could have been much worse. As for expectation of more looting a crime, I think 9/11 has alot to do with peoples behavior in NYC during a crisis. The latest report I heard said that crime overnight in NYC was actually down from a normal lit nite. Ironically, your experience happened on one of the safest nites in recent NYC history. Glad you are OK and can't wait to drag you thru more unsavory places on the next TR TouR.
Jay Posted - 08/15/2003 : 3:34:25 PM
Glad to hear yer safe and living, Erich! I saw a guy lurching about with a Jason mask on...
PJK Posted - 08/15/2003 : 1:12:24 PM
ah a song, or at least a poem! Great idea!
Erich Posted - 08/15/2003 : 12:15:16 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

Sounds like a good thing to write a song about.

my first thoughts too *laughs*

thanks all
Arthen Posted - 08/15/2003 : 11:52:04 AM
Holy cow! Prayers and Karma to you man!

Sounds like a good thing to write a song about.
victorwootenfan Posted - 08/15/2003 : 11:51:19 AM
wow..glad to hear you're safe and sound!!! I'm surprised with the blackouts that i haven't heard of any looting or mayhem to any high degree. that's pretty damn scary tho, glad to hear you aren't hurt!
PJK Posted - 08/15/2003 : 09:26:09 AM
Erich, I don't know what to say except I for one am VERY glad you are safe! Damn those bastards! I imagine you will have flash backs for a long while. On the bright side it has given you new awareness. Also maybe the dark was your protector. Maybe after you ran they just couldn't see you to shoot! Regardless, I am so happy you are ok.

My prayers and best vibes are going your way!

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000