Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Go to a DMB show, get struck by lightning

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
therippa Posted - 07/07/2003 : 10:43:12 PM
Never saw this one coming.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LoveToday Posted - 07/11/2003 : 4:53:39 PM
I saw DMB at Tweeter Ctr in MA. HUGE storms in my area that day, a tornado touched down in the next town from me. My street was covered with debris and one end was totally blocked. Big thunder.. BIG lightning and microbursts of wind... I thought I was going to go off the road. It cleared quickly enough. My hair was like a giant brillo pad. When I got home there was still no power at my house.
Fluffy Posted - 07/11/2003 : 04:28:06 AM
I hate it when that happens!!! OUCH, quit it!!!

That actually happened here in DC as well at the Tibetan Freedom Festival, if I remember correctly. It was either that or one of the HFStivals. Anyway, show was cancelled and all the acts came down to hang out at 9:30 Club and a bunch of the bands from the festival ended up playing unannounced shows that nite at the club. It was pretty kewl to be a part of it. To bad it had to happen at the expense of the lighting victim. She survived so I don't have to feel to bad I guess.
victorwootenfan Posted - 07/10/2003 : 1:15:55 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Saint Jude

well... he didnt kill me when i was an infant, so i guess he decided i could stick around.

That was awfully nice of him!
Saint Jude Posted - 07/10/2003 : 12:50:13 PM
well... he didnt kill me when i was an infant, so i guess he decided i could stick around.
victorwootenfan Posted - 07/10/2003 : 08:44:28 AM
So it wasn't a thing where one day you just happened to "decide" to be brothers, or anything like that..
Saint Jude Posted - 07/09/2003 : 7:32:31 PM
quote:
Originaly posted by victorwootenfan

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My brother (dickmountjoy) was at the show.

Same venue i saw dmb at last year.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't know you were brothers!! Took me forever to figure our fluffy's sister was tericee as well...

Heh, yep, been brothers for 20 years now.
victorwootenfan Posted - 07/09/2003 : 6:18:53 PM
quote:

I didn't know you were brothers!! Took me forever to figure our fluffy's sister was tericee as well...
dick mountjoy Posted - 07/09/2003 : 6:09:17 PM
Indeed I was at the show. The guys that got hit by the lightning were about 5 rows down from us in the the Red lot. We got there about 2:30 or so and it was just drizzling, but started to pick up around 3. Cops came by soon after telling everyone there was going to be hail and 60 mph winds and such and we should all get in our cars. After it started to monsoon I got in my car, and it started to lighting right after. Bout 5 minutes later we saw about 5 or 6 cop cars and ambulances fly through the parking lot and right past us. Didn't stop raining for about a half hour and the parking lot was under about 4 inches of water until we left after the show at about 1am. Cars near the treeline of the lot were under about 2 ft of water, lots of other crazy stuff went on. Part of the hill (if you've seen Alpine its about a 45 degree hill) was complete mud and people were sliding down it like it was frickin' Woodstock '94. Unbelievable show by the way. Minarets just kicked ass.
KevinLesko Posted - 07/08/2003 : 2:37:44 PM
quote:
Authorities say the lightning burned a hole in the steel pole, went through his body and out through his shoe.

OUCH!!!
PJK Posted - 07/08/2003 : 05:32:41 AM
Jay would have loved that show!

I am petrified of lightning! I'm just glad no one was killed. I hope the band or at least someone from the band visited those fans in the hospital. Just seems like something they would do.

I guess storms are part of summer tours!
Saint Jude Posted - 07/08/2003 : 12:41:10 AM

Arthen Posted - 07/07/2003 : 11:25:42 PM
LOL.

What are the odds...
Captain Petersburgh Posted - 07/07/2003 : 10:59:05 PM
yes... that wouild be good..
therippa Posted - 07/07/2003 : 10:54:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Petersburgh

fortunatly no one was hurt

Yes, but something tells me God chose to strike fans of Everyday.
Captain Petersburgh Posted - 07/07/2003 : 10:53:35 PM
fortunatly no one was hurt

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000