Go to a DMB show, get struck by lightning
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2003 :  10:43:12 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Never saw this one coming.

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2003 :  10:53:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
fortunatly no one was hurt

A nice word and a gun will get you alot farther than just a nice word
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2003 :  10:54:30 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Petersburgh

fortunatly no one was hurt

Yes, but something tells me God chose to strike fans of Everyday.

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2003 :  10:59:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yes... that wouild be good..

A nice word and a gun will get you alot farther than just a nice word
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2003 :  11:25:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL.

What are the odds...

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2003 :  12:41:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My brother (dickmountjoy) was at the show.

Same venue i saw dmb at last year.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2003 :  05:32:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jay would have loved that show!

I am petrified of lightning! I'm just glad no one was killed. I hope the band or at least someone from the band visited those fans in the hospital. Just seems like something they would do.

I guess storms are part of summer tours!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2003 :  2:37:44 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Authorities say the lightning burned a hole in the steel pole, went through his body and out through his shoe.

OUCH!!!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

dick mountjoy
Chatterbox

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2003 :  6:09:17 PM  Show Profile  Send dick mountjoy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Indeed I was at the show. The guys that got hit by the lightning were about 5 rows down from us in the the Red lot. We got there about 2:30 or so and it was just drizzling, but started to pick up around 3. Cops came by soon after telling everyone there was going to be hail and 60 mph winds and such and we should all get in our cars. After it started to monsoon I got in my car, and it started to lighting right after. Bout 5 minutes later we saw about 5 or 6 cop cars and ambulances fly through the parking lot and right past us. Didn't stop raining for about a half hour and the parking lot was under about 4 inches of water until we left after the show at about 1am. Cars near the treeline of the lot were under about 2 ft of water, lots of other crazy stuff went on. Part of the hill (if you've seen Alpine its about a 45 degree hill) was complete mud and people were sliding down it like it was frickin' Woodstock '94. Unbelievable show by the way. Minarets just kicked ass.

"Go Banana!" - Ralph Wiggum
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2003 :  6:18:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Saint Jude

I didn't know you were brothers!! Took me forever to figure our fluffy's sister was tericee as well...

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2003 :  7:32:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originaly posted by victorwootenfan

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't know you were brothers!! Took me forever to figure our fluffy's sister was tericee as well...

Heh, yep, been brothers for 20 years now.

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2003 :  08:44:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So it wasn't a thing where one day you just happened to "decide" to be brothers, or anything like that..

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2003 :  12:50:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
well... he didnt kill me when i was an infant, so i guess he decided i could stick around.

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2003 :  1:15:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

well... he didnt kill me when i was an infant, so i guess he decided i could stick around.

That was awfully nice of him!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2003 :  04:28:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I hate it when that happens!!! OUCH, quit it!!!

That actually happened here in DC as well at the Tibetan Freedom Festival, if I remember correctly. It was either that or one of the HFStivals. Anyway, show was cancelled and all the acts came down to hang out at 9:30 Club and a bunch of the bands from the festival ended up playing unannounced shows that nite at the club. It was pretty kewl to be a part of it. To bad it had to happen at the expense of the lighting victim. She survived so I don't have to feel to bad I guess.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

LoveToday
Chatterbox

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2003 :  4:53:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw DMB at Tweeter Ctr in MA. HUGE storms in my area that day, a tornado touched down in the next town from me. My street was covered with debris and one end was totally blocked. Big thunder.. BIG lightning and microbursts of wind... I thought I was going to go off the road. It cleared quickly enough. My hair was like a giant brillo pad. When I got home there was still no power at my house.

I childproof my home... and they still get in!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000