Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Road Signs...D'OAH (or is that D'AOH)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Captain Petersburgh Posted - 06/30/2003 : 10:46:22 PM
ok so i'm driving inMI...that's where i was thsis past week so i couldn't get to the MB and as we're driving down we see this sign... it reads the following...

"Do Not Pass If Opposing Traffic Present"

really good idea... D'oah (D'AOH)
31   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
prsmartin Posted - 09/04/2003 : 8:38:42 PM
Sorry, still more that I have...

prsmartin Posted - 09/04/2003 : 8:34:13 PM

prsmartin Posted - 09/04/2003 : 8:30:38 PM
KevinLesko Posted - 09/04/2003 : 7:54:45 PM
quote:
Now that I have internet in my new apt I'll try to post some pics of my signs around the house

as I said:

KevinLesko Posted - 07/14/2003 : 7:04:00 PM
LOL at both of those Fluffy, glad you brought them up. Now that I have internet in my new apt I'll try to post some pics of my signs around the house.
Fluffy Posted - 07/11/2003 : 5:18:43 PM
It was JAY
quote:
I think i already posted this, but the high (DON"T TELL ME TO LAY OF THE WEED JUST CAUSE I SAID "HIGH!") school in my town says Chardon High School on the front, and in one of Chardon's famous snow storms, it fell of, turning Chardon High School into....Hard-on High School...it was on all the news channels, and everybody thought it was funny, so the school left the "c" off for the rest of the school year, but put it back up in the summer. And now if you go up to the school, there are aboot thirty screws in it so it won't fall down again...yes, good ole Chardon

from:http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=573

Speaking of funny road signs, I rediscoved this one from another thread while searching for the Chardon reference:

For the history and location of this sign, SEE:
http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2204
Fluffy Posted - 07/11/2003 : 4:51:55 PM
Nope, it was simpler than that, you just had to take away one letter to make it read different. I will see if I can find it. Good ole search engine.
victorwootenfan Posted - 07/11/2003 : 06:38:35 AM
Might have been mine..

Changed "RIVERHEADS" to "GIVE HEAD"
Fluffy Posted - 07/11/2003 : 03:01:31 AM
I remember one of our BORED members attended a high school that with one small letter change became very obscene. Can't recall the specifics now, but that seems to fit the topic.
victorwootenfan Posted - 07/09/2003 : 2:15:16 PM
yeah he lives on "dynamite road" pretty cool..

I'm on plain old middlbrook road, very country-esque..
KevinLesko Posted - 07/09/2003 : 2:11:16 PM
Is Dynamite Road the name of the street he lives on? If so that is a pretty cool name. Much better that the street my brother lives on... "Lovely Lane"
Miss Sorrel Posted - 07/09/2003 : 09:27:19 AM
Flamming Moe anyone??
victorwootenfan Posted - 07/09/2003 : 09:01:05 AM
your tax dollars...giggle

In Virginia, your tax dollars would go to this chair i'm sitting in, this computer i'm typing on, and this bus that i sleep on at work. I'm getting paid with those same tax dollars to sleep, to post on this board, to talk to people on AIM. What a waste!!

On a related note, one of my friends has a road sign outside of his house that gets stolen a lot, "Dynamite Road." Small surprise, it's a cool name!
Captain Petersburgh Posted - 07/08/2003 : 10:24:24 PM
ya know when you think about it your tax dolars pay for the signs
KevinLesko Posted - 07/08/2003 : 2:45:13 PM
DAMN captain! I may just have to visit... luckily there is always a lot of constuction going on here at UCI as they always seem to be adding a new building or something... actually I just read they are putting a new state of the art hospital on campus, so those construction sites are always good for something.
Captain Petersburgh Posted - 07/07/2003 : 10:57:31 PM
oh now i get it...
quote:
we have about 20 or so signs hanging in our apt that we have "borrowed"... hehe two of my favorites is an "A" grade restraunt sign in our kitchen, and a "no dumping" sign in the bathroom.

you should come over to my house... i live across the street from a ballfield and a service grage for munson twp...lots of road signs there.
Fluffy Posted - 07/06/2003 : 4:39:09 PM
Look at the WHOLE picture, it's on the wrong side of the road AND facing the wrong direction for it to make ANY sense.
PJK Posted - 07/06/2003 : 4:29:29 PM
I must just be missing the boat here, I didn't find it all that funny, isn't it a NO U Turn sign? Ok now I get it, it looks like no going up? Sorry, I just think differently.
Fluffy Posted - 07/06/2003 : 2:58:15 PM
HA HA ROTFLMAO!!! Thanx Kevin, when I saw this topic title my intention was to post that pic, nice to see it had already been done. I would like to point out that the sign is fully mounted, it has not slipped, it is actually hanging that way. What could it possibly mean? We actually drove about another mile laughing our asses off about it before we decided we had to go back and get a picture. Obviously, it was a slow day hehe.
Captain Petersburgh Posted - 07/03/2003 : 2:19:40 PM
[gasp/state of shock]WOW A GENERAL ELECTRC SIGN...I HAVEN'T SEEN ONE OF THOSE IN AGES!!![gasp/state of shock]
KevinLesko Posted - 07/03/2003 : 1:29:44 PM
we have about 20 or so signs hanging in our apt that we have "borrowed"... hehe two of my favorites is an "A" grade restraunt sign in our kitchen, and a "no dumping" sign in the bathroom.

also.. what about this one
Jay Posted - 07/03/2003 : 1:25:39 PM
Wow...There's just something about that that really frightens me...Something like Martha Stewart with a meat cleaver...Something like that, along those lines...Yeah.
Captain Petersburgh Posted - 07/03/2003 : 1:22:57 PM
true... they are rich bastards....but i love BMW's....kinda a sport car/ luxury sedan thingy that i combuined at the hip like siamese twims comming out of miami in a string bikini...yeah kinda like that
therippa Posted - 07/03/2003 : 1:17:33 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Petersburgh

SL600 right??? I HATE MERCEDES!!!!that's all i have to say...

Agreed...Real rich bastards drive S8's
Captain Petersburgh Posted - 07/03/2003 : 1:03:01 PM
SL600 right??? I HATE MERCEDES!!!!that's all i have to say...
bizarroeric Posted - 07/02/2003 : 6:42:01 PM
Okay, maybe 'polite' wasn't quite the right word for NorCal drivers. But I've definitely been on the road with worse :)
therippa Posted - 07/02/2003 : 5:17:35 PM
quote:
Originally posted by bizarroeric

...because drivers there aren't half as polite as they are in NorCal.

You're kidding, right? If I had a dime for everytime some asshole in a SL600 almost ran into me I have my own SL600!
Captain Petersburgh Posted - 07/02/2003 : 4:19:52 PM
yeah i know it's really stupid...i tryed to get a pictre but my mom and i couldn't get the camera out in TIMe...oh and there was more than just one...there was @ least 10 of the bloody things. it's true people inn MI drive like weirdo's...
Arthen Posted - 07/02/2003 : 03:09:46 AM
People are stupid.

bizarroeric Posted - 07/02/2003 : 01:56:06 AM
I grew up in Michigan. Driving there scares the bejeezus out of me, because drivers there aren't half as polite as they are in NorCal.

And what's sad is that some people probably need that sign to remind them...
PJK Posted - 07/01/2003 : 06:16:15 AM
HAHAHHAHAHA LOL Okay, let me guess. Some idiot had a head on collision on that road and sued because there was no warning sign! I have NEVER seen a sign like that. You should go and get a picture of it and send it in to Jay Leno!

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000