Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Drinking Question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
CPPJames Posted - 05/02/2003 : 2:09:19 PM
Kind of a random, bizarre question...but I'm bored, so what the hell?

Four friends go out for a night on the town.  Three are 21+, one is under 21.  The three 21+ have several drinks and food, etc. and the underage person just eats.  Is it technically illegal for the underage person to pick up the tab because, in effect, that person would be purchasing alcohol under age?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
thomasode Posted - 05/04/2003 : 12:40:07 AM
probably both
pcbTIM Posted - 05/04/2003 : 12:35:35 AM
A little from column A.....a little from column B.
Dickey500 Posted - 05/03/2003 : 8:35:29 PM
OK, but say that under-21 friend is a Canadian midget with a prosthetic arm...does that make it legal or just plain silly?
Miss Sorrel Posted - 05/02/2003 : 6:44:15 PM
I had this happen a few TIMes as a bartended/server....

Say you are at the bar, and you are buying a drink for your 89 year old grandmother, with her money and everything, and the bartender can see that she simply can't make it to the bar, and you as her underage grandchild are just trying to help her out... then no.. you can't.

During a meal, you aren't drinking, and you didn't drink at all, and the TABLE IS CLEAR of drinks, and the bill comes out, yes, under 21 can pay... but not if drinks are still there.

single bills, no, underager can't pay... as for the end of the night tabs... well, I didn't really care, just give me the money and get out of the bar. I think in most cases people just want to get paid.
CPPJames Posted - 05/02/2003 : 4:52:18 PM
I see that point of view, but it's my understanding that the purchase and/or consumption of alcohol is illegal. It's a technicality, I'm just curious.
monkeyman41 Posted - 05/02/2003 : 4:32:14 PM
im pretty sure that if you are at a place that serves the alcohol to the legal people the underage can pick up the tab because he just paying for drinks already consumed by the legal drinkers
CPPJames Posted - 05/02/2003 : 3:53:27 PM
I was at a bar last night and that situation occurred...a guy tried to get out of paying the bill. It was all in good fun, but I found it somewhat intriguing. Had never thought of it previously.
PJK Posted - 05/02/2003 : 3:33:12 PM
Hummmm? Never thought of that. Technically you are probably right, but I am not sure. The under 21 person should say that he/she can't pick up the tab because of that!hehehehe

Since no alcohol was consumed by the under 21 person I would think it would be ok for that person to pick up the tab.

Out of curiosity, why did you ask? Was it completely hypothetical or a situation you were in?

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000