Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Exercise Music

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Arthen Posted - 04/15/2003 : 05:14:33 AM
I remember Teri posted something about the kind of music she listened to while she ran, and I know that I listen to lots of different things, recently it's been Live at Luther and Chaos View.

So, anyways, I was wondering if anyone else had any favorites of music they liked to work out to.
35   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
dan p. Posted - 06/22/2003 : 12:49:11 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Xar666

Carcass - Heartwork

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00000583S/qid=1050412307/sr=8-4/ref=sr_8_4/002-3001559-1453626?v=glance&s=music&n=507846

goddamn it. who is that? i wrote a song called heartwork.
i don't excersise, but when i play a videogame, i have a lineup of music i listen to. stabbing westward, .hopesfall., most precious blood, a jealousy issue. unless it's like, final fantasy or zelda. then it's michael hedges, stravinsky, tr, leo kottke, saetia.
victorwootenfan Posted - 06/21/2003 : 4:01:58 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Evergreen

PCBTIM said:
quote:
Hopefully I'll beat it tonight! That would be awesome. And then I'm gonna start a new game of my favorite game of all time.....

Some of Mahavishnu O's
stuff is good for moving around alot too, like the song Vital Transformation or stuff off Inner Mounting Flame. I definitely ride my bike, or run faster and longer if the music is fast.

VWF: I just got Billy Cobham and The George Duke Band- Live on Tour in Europe. 1976, Wounded Bird Records.
It's awesome and I bet you'd really like it.

Mahivishnu is def. good music for exercise...That live duke cd sounds great! I just found out recently duke was in zappa's band for a while, but i love george duke's "muir woods suites." it is the most melodic cd i think i own. That sounds like a great combo, billy cobham and george duke, i bet it's funky!
Evergreen Posted - 06/21/2003 : 3:54:25 PM
Yes, and "games" has a very broad definition!!
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 06/21/2003 : 3:34:54 PM
He was talking about games?
Evergreen Posted - 06/21/2003 : 3:20:18 PM
PCBTIM said:
quote:
Hopefully I'll beat it tonight! That would be awesome. And then I'm gonna start a new game of my favorite game of all time.....

OK at first glance, playing with videogames didn't come to mind. and no one commented shame shame, you guys are slipping.

As for exercise music, Jane's Addiction, fast thrashing Pearl Jam songs usually the live older stuff of theirs. Some of Mahavishnu O's
stuff is good for moving around alot too, like the song Vital Transformation or stuff off Inner Mounting Flame. I definitely ride my bike, or run faster and longer if the music is fast.

VWF: I just got Billy Cobham and The George Duke Band- Live on Tour in Europe. 1976, Wounded Bird Records.
It's awesome and I bet you'd really like it.
victorwootenfan Posted - 06/20/2003 : 07:06:46 AM
I usually do some last minute exercies before going to sleep, and i have have soft music playing to put me in a a sleepy mood... The past few days it's been george duke, shakti, and eric dolphy.
pcbTIM Posted - 06/18/2003 : 12:32:03 AM
OK.........I bought Xenosaga about a month ago and I didn't start playing it until this weekend (I was playing FFX a second time to get everything.......in fact, Tidus, Auron, and Kimahri all did around 30,000 amount of damage per attack). But I beat it again. And the first 5 hours were pretty slow. Buy not it has finally picked up and I'm enjoying it. I get the feeling this game's gonna be great. But the cut-scenes could be better, or maybe I've been spoiled by FFs. Anyway, i thought that I'd update this.
TalkingNeurons Posted - 04/20/2003 : 12:25:52 PM
....Yeah.
pcbTIM Posted - 04/19/2003 : 7:44:15 PM
Is it really that good? Because I've been thinking about getting Splinter Cell. It looks like a lot of fun.
TalkingNeurons Posted - 04/19/2003 : 11:18:19 AM
Splinter Cell is an awsome game too, but I find the whole "trial-and-error" part of the game to get really frustrating, on the XBOX anyway. But the PS2 version made it easier, not to the point were you can zip by it, but to the point were you won't get AS frustrated, which is good.

Anyway......
CPPJames Posted - 04/19/2003 : 10:29:08 AM
Hail XBox! LOL, I liked the XBox version better, but that's just me. It *is* a fantastic game though. I still play it all the time.
{=HTG=} Posted - 04/19/2003 : 10:07:16 AM
Speaking of video games, i've been addicted to 'Splinter-Cell.' I must've beaten my friends version for X-Box 10 times, then went out and picked up the PS2 version. Me and my bro both agree its better, but I cant get off it,
TalkingNeurons Posted - 04/19/2003 : 01:36:07 AM
quote:
Don't you hate it when your social life interferes with your video games?

It's the worst..... wait... I have no life......... YAY! More video games.
pcbTIM Posted - 04/19/2003 : 01:29:27 AM
Damn I can't wait for summer vacation to start. All that free time to play hours upon hours of video games. But then I have that internship that starts in June......damn. D'oh well....I still have all night to play. Haha.

Don't you hate it when your social life interferes with your video games?
TalkingNeurons Posted - 04/19/2003 : 01:26:45 AM
Jeez, $58.75? That's crazy.

Xenogears is Square and Xenosaga is Namco, but it's the same group of people who made Xenogears made Xenosaga. Thought I'd add that in.
pcbTIM Posted - 04/19/2003 : 01:25:10 AM
I read the reviews for Xenosaga, and I just added it to my wishlist on Amazon. Sounds like another great game for me to get lost in. Therefore, I will have four RPGs for PS2. Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts, Xenosaga, and Final Fantasy X-2. Oh man, that's a lot of playing time.
pcbTIM Posted - 04/19/2003 : 01:01:38 AM
Xenogears.....

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000038IFX/qid=1050728306/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1_etk-vg/103-6669496-0448615?v=glance&s=videogames&n=468642

Xenosaga......

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005BW7Q/qid=1050728437/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1_etk-vg/103-6669496-0448615?v=glance&s=videogames&n=468642
TalkingNeurons Posted - 04/19/2003 : 12:56:56 AM
Yeah, I can't explain it either.

Anyway, about Xenogears, it's an awsome game, if you like mechas and even if you don't, I say get it. I didn't get very far in it, though because I screwed myself over and can't get past this one part. If you decide to get it, you're probably going to have to look pretty hard, I got it when it was like 6 years old for $40. Might want to try amazon.com or somthing, or Electronics Butique, they usually have games that others don't.

If you like a RPG with a lot of cut scenes, some are 45min to an hour, get Xenosaga, I got it a couple weeks ago and I think it's awsome.

pcbTIM Posted - 04/19/2003 : 12:37:28 AM
I haven't played any other games by Square except the final fantasy series (the ones I have played are V, VI, VII, VIII, X, Tactics)....but I am gonna get my hands on a copy of Kingdom Hearts this summer. Is Xenogears good? If it is, I'll buy that as well.

And as for your statement about playing until the end and stopping, I'm the exact same way. I've played VIII three times and every time I get to the castle, I just don't care anymore. I still haven't seen the final boss (but I have seen the ending thanks to Kazaa ). I also played VII last semester, and when I got to the North Crater on disc 3, I stopped playing. It is really weird.
TalkingNeurons Posted - 04/19/2003 : 12:25:46 AM
Final Fantasy VII, was awsome. But I have this weird thing with FF games where I get to the very end and put it down for like 4 months then start a new game then beat it.

Have you ever played Xenogears, pcbTIM?
pcbTIM Posted - 04/19/2003 : 12:03:29 AM
Yes you should! I would be playing it right now, but my roommate and his girlfriend are watching a movie. Hopefully I'll beat it tonight! That would be awesome. And then I'm gonna start a new game of my favorite game of all time.....Final Fantasy VII.
TalkingNeurons Posted - 04/18/2003 : 11:37:51 PM
I havn't beaten FFX either, I atcually got to the very end, and just put it down. Guess I should go back to it...
pcbTIM Posted - 04/18/2003 : 11:17:43 PM
I actually haven't heard anything about it. I'm almost done with FFX (just can't beat Jecht dammit!), so when I finish, I'll probably browse the final fantasy sites to learn more about it. Although I have heard people complaining about all the female characters and their new weapons. On the upside, I thought Rikku was cute....and now that it's two years later, I won't feel like such a perv......haha.
TalkingNeurons Posted - 04/18/2003 : 11:09:50 PM
Oh, and totaly agree.

What do you think about Final Fantasy X-2? For one, I think changing Yuna into some Lara Croft knock off was a big mistake, but that's my opinion.
TalkingNeurons Posted - 04/18/2003 : 10:31:31 PM
quote:
You don't need to apologize for being off-topic. After all, that's what this place is all about.

Oh yeah...

I havn't been here in awhile, I've been on a message board that goes crazy if you get off topic.
pcbTIM Posted - 04/18/2003 : 08:52:58 AM
quote:
Originally posted by TalkingNeurons

Hey, pcbTIM, are you looking forward to Final Fantasy XI?

Sorry for being so off topic.

You don't need to apologize for being off-topic. After all, that's what this place is all about.

As for FFXI, I probably won't buy it unless I hear some excellent reviews. I've always seen Final Fantasy games as the apex of anti-social situations, so making it an interactive game on the internet doesn't sound very intriguing. I'm sure that having to deal with the thousands of morons that accumulate on the internet won't help the game out. And let's not forget the price. Beside having to pay for the game, I've heard that you have to pay to play the game online as well. That by itself will prevent me from getting it. Just think of how much money you'd have to spend.

But back on topic......exercise music........yeah....
thomasode Posted - 04/17/2003 : 11:28:30 PM
Whenever I'm lifting I listen to classic rock. It seems to be a good fuel to a 20 rep squat set.
TalkingNeurons Posted - 04/17/2003 : 11:25:53 PM
Hey, pcbTIM, are you looking forward to Final Fantasy XI?

Sorry for being so off topic.
tericee Posted - 04/17/2003 : 7:40:31 PM
I like running to 80's music. (As my friend Ross, from college, put it, I listen to "EuroFag" Synth Pop) But I'm working on running to books on tape. I'm hoping I'll get so engrossed I won't want to stop...
Fleabass76 Posted - 04/17/2003 : 02:33:12 AM
When I get around to my sporadic workouts, I usually listen to A Perfect Circle or Tool's Lateralus. Something with drive.
pcbTIM Posted - 04/17/2003 : 12:38:13 AM
Composer? I'd definitely have to say Nobuo. He's come up with so many good songs.....like Terra's theme (VI), Aeris' Theme (VII), The Oath (VIII), One Winged Angel (VII), Forever Love (X), Cloud's Theme (VII), Coin Song (VI).........I could go on and on.
TalkingNeurons Posted - 04/16/2003 : 8:11:11 PM
Ha, Final Fantasy music. That stuff's so cool. I really like Nobuo Uematsu, but I think I like Masashi Hamauzu a little better. Ha ha, good stuff. Which one's your favorite, pcbTIM?
Arthen Posted - 04/16/2003 : 3:53:00 PM
I'm just interested to find out what other people work out to. I was jogging and thought, hey, that's not a bad question for the board.
pcbTIM Posted - 04/16/2003 : 05:47:42 AM
Well.....do you want something relaxing or something get you blood pumpin'? If it's the former, try some Final Fantasy music. And if it's the latter, Blue Man Group seems to do the trick.
Xar666 Posted - 04/15/2003 : 09:12:44 AM
Carcass - Heartwork

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00000583S/qid=1050412307/sr=8-4/ref=sr_8_4/002-3001559-1453626?v=glance&s=music&n=507846

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000