New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2003 :  05:14:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember Teri posted something about the kind of music she listened to while she ran, and I know that I listen to lots of different things, recently it's been Live at Luther and Chaos View.

So, anyways, I was wondering if anyone else had any favorites of music they liked to work out to.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com

Xar666
Yak Addict

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2003 :  09:12:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carcass - Heartwork

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00000583S/qid=1050412307/sr=8-4/ref=sr_8_4/002-3001559-1453626?v=glance&s=music&n=507846
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2003 :  05:47:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well.....do you want something relaxing or something get you blood pumpin'? If it's the former, try some Final Fantasy music. And if it's the latter, Blue Man Group seems to do the trick.

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2003 :  3:53:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm just interested to find out what other people work out to. I was jogging and thought, hey, that's not a bad question for the board.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

TalkingNeurons
Yak Addict

523 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2003 :  8:11:11 PM  Show Profile  Send TalkingNeurons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ha, Final Fantasy music. That stuff's so cool. I really like Nobuo Uematsu, but I think I like Masashi Hamauzu a little better. Ha ha, good stuff. Which one's your favorite, pcbTIM?

"Now that's ripe!"

lnk cr b82rez 2g4
"Me was tryin' to save time."
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2003 :  12:38:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Composer? I'd definitely have to say Nobuo. He's come up with so many good songs.....like Terra's theme (VI), Aeris' Theme (VII), The Oath (VIII), One Winged Angel (VII), Forever Love (X), Cloud's Theme (VII), Coin Song (VI).........I could go on and on.

Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2003 :  02:33:12 AM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
When I get around to my sporadic workouts, I usually listen to A Perfect Circle or Tool's Lateralus. Something with drive.

Robots are the enemy? Hmm...
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2003 :  7:40:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I like running to 80's music. (As my friend Ross, from college, put it, I listen to "EuroFag" Synth Pop) But I'm working on running to books on tape. I'm hoping I'll get so engrossed I won't want to stop...
Go to Top of Page

TalkingNeurons
Yak Addict

523 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2003 :  11:25:53 PM  Show Profile  Send TalkingNeurons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey, pcbTIM, are you looking forward to Final Fantasy XI?

Sorry for being so off topic.

"Now that's ripe!"

lnk cr b82rez 2g4
Go to Top of Page

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2003 :  11:28:30 PM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Whenever I'm lifting I listen to classic rock. It seems to be a good fuel to a 20 rep squat set.
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2003 :  08:52:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TalkingNeurons

Hey, pcbTIM, are you looking forward to Final Fantasy XI?

Sorry for being so off topic.

You don't need to apologize for being off-topic. After all, that's what this place is all about.

As for FFXI, I probably won't buy it unless I hear some excellent reviews. I've always seen Final Fantasy games as the apex of anti-social situations, so making it an interactive game on the internet doesn't sound very intriguing. I'm sure that having to deal with the thousands of morons that accumulate on the internet won't help the game out. And let's not forget the price. Beside having to pay for the game, I've heard that you have to pay to play the game online as well. That by itself will prevent me from getting it. Just think of how much money you'd have to spend.

But back on topic......exercise music........yeah....

Go to Top of Page

TalkingNeurons
Yak Addict

523 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2003 :  10:31:31 PM  Show Profile  Send TalkingNeurons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
You don't need to apologize for being off-topic. After all, that's what this place is all about.

Oh yeah...

I havn't been here in awhile, I've been on a message board that goes crazy if you get off topic.

"Now that's ripe!"

lnk cr b82rez 2g4
Go to Top of Page

TalkingNeurons
Yak Addict

523 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2003 :  11:09:50 PM  Show Profile  Send TalkingNeurons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh, and totaly agree.

What do you think about Final Fantasy X-2? For one, I think changing Yuna into some Lara Croft knock off was a big mistake, but that's my opinion.

"Now that's ripe!"

lnk cr b82rez 2g4
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2003 :  11:17:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I actually haven't heard anything about it. I'm almost done with FFX (just can't beat Jecht dammit!), so when I finish, I'll probably browse the final fantasy sites to learn more about it. Although I have heard people complaining about all the female characters and their new weapons. On the upside, I thought Rikku was cute....and now that it's two years later, I won't feel like such a perv......haha.

Go to Top of Page

TalkingNeurons
Yak Addict

523 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2003 :  11:37:51 PM  Show Profile  Send TalkingNeurons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I havn't beaten FFX either, I atcually got to the very end, and just put it down. Guess I should go back to it...

"Now that's ripe!"

lnk cr b82rez 2g4
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2003 :  12:03:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes you should! I would be playing it right now, but my roommate and his girlfriend are watching a movie. Hopefully I'll beat it tonight! That would be awesome. And then I'm gonna start a new game of my favorite game of all time.....Final Fantasy VII.

Go to Top of Page

TalkingNeurons
Yak Addict

523 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2003 :  12:25:46 AM  Show Profile  Send TalkingNeurons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Final Fantasy VII, was awsome. But I have this weird thing with FF games where I get to the very end and put it down for like 4 months then start a new game then beat it.

Have you ever played Xenogears, pcbTIM?

"Now that's ripe!"

lnk cr b82rez 2g4
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2003 :  12:37:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I haven't played any other games by Square except the final fantasy series (the ones I have played are V, VI, VII, VIII, X, Tactics)....but I am gonna get my hands on a copy of Kingdom Hearts this summer. Is Xenogears good? If it is, I'll buy that as well.

And as for your statement about playing until the end and stopping, I'm the exact same way. I've played VIII three times and every time I get to the castle, I just don't care anymore. I still haven't seen the final boss (but I have seen the ending thanks to Kazaa ). I also played VII last semester, and when I got to the North Crater on disc 3, I stopped playing. It is really weird.

Go to Top of Page

TalkingNeurons
Yak Addict

523 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2003 :  12:56:56 AM  Show Profile  Send TalkingNeurons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I can't explain it either.

Anyway, about Xenogears, it's an awsome game, if you like mechas and even if you don't, I say get it. I didn't get very far in it, though because I screwed myself over and can't get past this one part. If you decide to get it, you're probably going to have to look pretty hard, I got it when it was like 6 years old for $40. Might want to try amazon.com or somthing, or Electronics Butique, they usually have games that others don't.

If you like a RPG with a lot of cut scenes, some are 45min to an hour, get Xenosaga, I got it a couple weeks ago and I think it's awsome.

"Now that's ripe!"

lnk cr b82rez 2g4
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2003 :  01:01:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Xenogears.....

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000038IFX/qid=1050728306/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1_etk-vg/103-6669496-0448615?v=glance&s=videogames&n=468642

Xenosaga......

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005BW7Q/qid=1050728437/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1_etk-vg/103-6669496-0448615?v=glance&s=videogames&n=468642

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2003 :  01:25:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I read the reviews for Xenosaga, and I just added it to my wishlist on Amazon. Sounds like another great game for me to get lost in. Therefore, I will have four RPGs for PS2. Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts, Xenosaga, and Final Fantasy X-2. Oh man, that's a lot of playing time.

Go to Top of Page

TalkingNeurons
Yak Addict

523 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2003 :  01:26:45 AM  Show Profile  Send TalkingNeurons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Jeez, $58.75? That's crazy.

Xenogears is Square and Xenosaga is Namco, but it's the same group of people who made Xenogears made Xenosaga. Thought I'd add that in.

"Now that's ripe!"

lnk cr b82rez 2g4
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2003 :  01:29:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Damn I can't wait for summer vacation to start. All that free time to play hours upon hours of video games. But then I have that internship that starts in June......damn. D'oh well....I still have all night to play. Haha.

Don't you hate it when your social life interferes with your video games?

Go to Top of Page

TalkingNeurons
Yak Addict

523 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2003 :  01:36:07 AM  Show Profile  Send TalkingNeurons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Don't you hate it when your social life interferes with your video games?

It's the worst..... wait... I have no life......... YAY! More video games.

"Now that's ripe!"

lnk cr b82rez 2g4
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2003 :  10:07:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Speaking of video games, i've been addicted to 'Splinter-Cell.' I must've beaten my friends version for X-Box 10 times, then went out and picked up the PS2 version. Me and my bro both agree its better, but I cant get off it,

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2003 :  10:29:08 AM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hail XBox! LOL, I liked the XBox version better, but that's just me. It *is* a fantastic game though. I still play it all the time.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

TalkingNeurons
Yak Addict

523 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2003 :  11:18:19 AM  Show Profile  Send TalkingNeurons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Splinter Cell is an awsome game too, but I find the whole "trial-and-error" part of the game to get really frustrating, on the XBOX anyway. But the PS2 version made it easier, not to the point were you can zip by it, but to the point were you won't get AS frustrated, which is good.

Anyway......

"Now that's ripe!"

lnk cr b82rez 2g4
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2003 :  7:44:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Is it really that good? Because I've been thinking about getting Splinter Cell. It looks like a lot of fun.

Go to Top of Page

TalkingNeurons
Yak Addict

523 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2003 :  12:25:52 PM  Show Profile  Send TalkingNeurons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
....Yeah.

"Now that's ripe!"

lnk cr b82rez 2g4
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2003 :  12:32:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OK.........I bought Xenosaga about a month ago and I didn't start playing it until this weekend (I was playing FFX a second time to get everything.......in fact, Tidus, Auron, and Kimahri all did around 30,000 amount of damage per attack). But I beat it again. And the first 5 hours were pretty slow. Buy not it has finally picked up and I'm enjoying it. I get the feeling this game's gonna be great. But the cut-scenes could be better, or maybe I've been spoiled by FFs. Anyway, i thought that I'd update this.

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2003 :  07:06:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I usually do some last minute exercies before going to sleep, and i have have soft music playing to put me in a a sleepy mood... The past few days it's been george duke, shakti, and eric dolphy.

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2003 :  3:20:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PCBTIM said:
quote:
Hopefully I'll beat it tonight! That would be awesome. And then I'm gonna start a new game of my favorite game of all time.....

OK at first glance, playing with videogames didn't come to mind. and no one commented shame shame, you guys are slipping.

As for exercise music, Jane's Addiction, fast thrashing Pearl Jam songs usually the live older stuff of theirs. Some of Mahavishnu O's
stuff is good for moving around alot too, like the song Vital Transformation or stuff off Inner Mounting Flame. I definitely ride my bike, or run faster and longer if the music is fast.

VWF: I just got Billy Cobham and The George Duke Band- Live on Tour in Europe. 1976, Wounded Bird Records.
It's awesome and I bet you'd really like it.
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2003 :  3:34:54 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
He was talking about games?

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2003 :  3:54:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, and "games" has a very broad definition!!
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2003 :  4:01:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Evergreen

PCBTIM said:
quote:
Hopefully I'll beat it tonight! That would be awesome. And then I'm gonna start a new game of my favorite game of all time.....

Some of Mahavishnu O's
stuff is good for moving around alot too, like the song Vital Transformation or stuff off Inner Mounting Flame. I definitely ride my bike, or run faster and longer if the music is fast.

VWF: I just got Billy Cobham and The George Duke Band- Live on Tour in Europe. 1976, Wounded Bird Records.
It's awesome and I bet you'd really like it.

Mahivishnu is def. good music for exercise...That live duke cd sounds great! I just found out recently duke was in zappa's band for a while, but i love george duke's "muir woods suites." it is the most melodic cd i think i own. That sounds like a great combo, billy cobham and george duke, i bet it's funky!

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2003 :  12:49:11 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Xar666

Carcass - Heartwork

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00000583S/qid=1050412307/sr=8-4/ref=sr_8_4/002-3001559-1453626?v=glance&s=music&n=507846

goddamn it. who is that? i wrote a song called heartwork.
i don't excersise, but when i play a videogame, i have a lineup of music i listen to. stabbing westward, .hopesfall., most precious blood, a jealousy issue. unless it's like, final fantasy or zelda. then it's michael hedges, stravinsky, tr, leo kottke, saetia.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000