Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 maybe you can help

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ccr152 Posted - 01/22/2003 : 12:11:00 PM
im thinking about changing my major from english teacher to something in the recording industry. i really know nothing about this field (specific majors, jobs available, etc), and was wondering if anybody here is in this field, or is going to school for this. any information at all would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
victorwootenfan Posted - 01/22/2003 : 9:06:18 PM
I'm planning on getting a minor in jazz studies in college, probably major in music industry, something like that. i'd love to play, record and produce music, that'd be awesome for me!
Ccr152 Posted - 01/22/2003 : 7:49:49 PM
i wished i lived closer to tennessee...im currently going to bowling green state university, in northwest ohio. im not sure if going to school so far away would go over very well, also i'd have to pay out-of-state tuition fees. i wish there was a school like that closer to my neck of the woods. thank you for all the info though, ill keep looking into things.
Fleabass76 Posted - 01/22/2003 : 7:43:28 PM
I just gradumacated from Music Tech for bass performence...but they also have a 2 year recording engineer/live sound program. There's another school here in the twin cities does just that..I think it's called IPR. Now I'm going on and trying to get a music education degree...which is becoming harder than I thought it would be...

www.musictech.com
http://www.iprschool.com/
SpaceMonkey Posted - 01/22/2003 : 5:57:23 PM
Funny you mention English teacher...I'm currently taking classes to do just that, but the more it goes on the less enthused I am about it. I'm considering going back to school full-time, but I don't even know what for...possibly my Masters, but again, writing English papers is starting to be a drag.
LizT Posted - 01/22/2003 : 4:03:14 PM
I think Dirtysloth (Patrick O) is doing the same thing in Florida. You could email him and I'm sure he would be happy to give you info.
Fluffy Posted - 01/22/2003 : 3:51:22 PM
I was asked this question by a board member a long TIMe ago and recommended Middle Tennessee State Univ. They have a wonderful Record Industry Management course. My dad used to teach there. They also have a wonderful Radio and Television dept and recording studio for students. Well I talked to her recently and she is really loving the course there. She is anxious to get out into the music world and start working with bands. It is weird to think that someone is going to college based on my recommendation. Basically, a total stranger as well, but she was just IMing me the other day to thank me for getting her on the right path at MTSU. I would look into that. I just recommended it to someone else who asked me the same question while I was IMing the girl I recommended it to. It was one of those amazing SYCHRONISTIC moments. I had them email each other and she answered all his questions about it. It was way kewl. I should probably get a cut from the school for all the students I am sending their way. HEHE
PJK Posted - 01/22/2003 : 3:45:17 PM
I can't help you but I just think it's funny because my daughters boyfriend just announced he's changing his major from performance jazz(he's 3rd year) to English major! Loves the music, but even his professors are telling the kids there's no money to be had in jazz.
Which I was kind of pissed at because I think if you want something bad enough you shouldn't let anyone talk you out of it.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000