Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 CDnow is dead; long live Amazon?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tericee Posted - 01/13/2003 : 8:14:01 PM
I realized today that CDnow has been taken over by Amazon.com. http://www.corporate-ir.net/ireye/ir_site.zhtml?ticker=AMZN&script=410&layout=8&item_id=361275

This may not seem like a big deal until you realize that every link to a music sample from CDnow on this message board is broken. Amazon only supports RealAudio samples, which are less board friendly (as far as I can tell) than mp3.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Evergreen Posted - 01/16/2003 : 05:51:55 AM
Thats really interesting. My friends and I were just having
a conversation about how huge amazon.com has become. A few
of my friends have stocks in amazon and those shares
always do well. That stinks about CDnow. It was a great place.

Fluffy Posted - 01/13/2003 : 11:28:06 PM
I completely agree, CDNow was much easier to navigate and to find out info about bands and to find songs if you didn't know the title. I have tried their new site numerous TIMes with very little positive results. I HATE IT. CDNow was a much better site. Much more user friendly. It is so hard to get a biography of a band now. Trying to browse a particular artist is almost impossible. It used to be so easy with CDNow. CDNow was organized much better. I used to use them all the TIMe. That has ended. I will miss CDNow. R.I.P. CDNow!
victorwootenfan Posted - 01/13/2003 : 8:19:25 PM
I saw that too recently. I was disapointed because now it's too confusing to look up cds, the old cdnow was so much more standard. now you type in an artist and you have books, reviews, videos, cds, all this crap coming up in your search. I just want a freakin' cd!!

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000