CDnow is dead; long live Amazon?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2003 :  8:14:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I realized today that CDnow has been taken over by Amazon.com. http://www.corporate-ir.net/ireye/ir_site.zhtml?ticker=AMZN&script=410&layout=8&item_id=361275

This may not seem like a big deal until you realize that every link to a music sample from CDnow on this message board is broken. Amazon only supports RealAudio samples, which are less board friendly (as far as I can tell) than mp3.

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2003 :  8:19:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw that too recently. I was disapointed because now it's too confusing to look up cds, the old cdnow was so much more standard. now you type in an artist and you have books, reviews, videos, cds, all this crap coming up in your search. I just want a freakin' cd!!

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2003 :  11:28:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I completely agree, CDNow was much easier to navigate and to find out info about bands and to find songs if you didn't know the title. I have tried their new site numerous TIMes with very little positive results. I HATE IT. CDNow was a much better site. Much more user friendly. It is so hard to get a biography of a band now. Trying to browse a particular artist is almost impossible. It used to be so easy with CDNow. CDNow was organized much better. I used to use them all the TIMe. That has ended. I will miss CDNow. R.I.P. CDNow!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2003 :  05:51:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats really interesting. My friends and I were just having
a conversation about how huge amazon.com has become. A few
of my friends have stocks in amazon and those shares
always do well. That stinks about CDnow. It was a great place.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000