Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 !!!MY NEW GUITAR!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ccr152 Posted - 11/27/2002 : 02:35:49 AM
hey guys i havent stopped by in a while but i had to share my great news with everyone! she's an alvarez jumbo body cutaway 12string with preamp and stuff...anyway all that matters is it sounds great, came with elixir strings. here it is:
im so happy, i couldnt even breathe after i brought it back to my apartment.
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
PJK Posted - 11/28/2002 : 10:41:36 PM
That is awesome! My muscial adventure is the Tabla. They are Indian Drums....amazing instruments you can get 20 different sounds from. I just got a book on the fundamentals of the tabla. I am studying that first and then I will be buying a AA Tabla for $500 (includes case). I am in the process of finding someone to teach me. I am lucky there is a rather large Indian community in my area so I don't think it will be hard to find someone to help me.

GuitarGuy305 Posted - 11/28/2002 : 10:13:51 PM
Yeah, they had a Martin D-16GT at my local music shop that had a small knick on it. I talked the guy down to like 750, but decided to order a D-16RGT after all.

Small blemishes and knicks, especially ones on the underside of the guitar, the side that faces you as you play, are great, they knock off a lot of money, and you don't even notice them most of the time.

My friend got a really good guitar amp for nearly 50% off because the one side was all scratched to shit. The amp itself, the working of it, etc... is great, just the outside is fucked up, but it sounds great which is all that matters...that and the great price.

Adam
Ccr152 Posted - 11/28/2002 : 12:35:17 AM
it sounds just as good yeah. its surprising how well the jumbo really does project the sound. its an 800 dollar guitar that i got for 400, because it was sent as a 'defect' because of a 'blemish', but ive looked and cant find it. this guitar at this price at this time of year was really a blessing from god. if you want a guitar, keep an eagle-eye on the local music shops and you'll get lucky sooner or later.
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 11/27/2002 : 10:09:54 PM
That is a very nice guitar. I've been wanting to get a guitar with a jumbo body for a while now. Does it sound as good as it looks?

Adam
Fluffy Posted - 11/27/2002 : 9:06:37 PM
Damn salesmen!!!!
Ccr152 Posted - 11/27/2002 : 12:24:58 PM
thanks everyone, and thanks for resolving the confusion enthuTIMsiast.
it was a christmas/birthday present in one.

my OLD guitar was the alvarez red x cutaway model. the guy at the music store told me it was a good buy, but he suckered me out $120 for a guitar i couldnt even play!

{=HTG=} Posted - 11/27/2002 : 11:57:09 AM
Very impressive.
pcbTIM Posted - 11/27/2002 : 09:17:44 AM
Ahhhhh......very nice! Congratulations!
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/27/2002 : 08:28:41 AM
quote:
Ccr152: hey guys i havent stopped by in a while but i had to share my great news with everyone! she's an alvarez jumbo body cutaway 12string with preamp and stuff...anyway all that matters is it sounds great, came with elixir strings. here it is, im so happy, i couldnt even breathe after i brought it back to my apartment.

Fluffy Posted - 11/27/2002 : 06:22:44 AM
So it is a jumbo cutaway with everything cutaway into the shape of an X and painted red? Or is the white part part of the guitar as well?
therippa Posted - 11/27/2002 : 06:18:47 AM
Ahh...I see you got the Alvarez Red X model...very nice
Fluffy Posted - 11/27/2002 : 05:18:34 AM
I can't see it either, otherwise, that is one strange looking guitar. HEHE
tericee Posted - 11/27/2002 : 05:16:30 AM
All I can see is the "safe sex" gif. Must be the SmartFilter I'm browsing through. It thinks EVERYTHING is evil.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000