Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 a new day at midnight

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ccr152 Posted - 10/27/2002 : 01:40:46 AM
if there are any david gray fans out there, you should probably look forward to his new cd "a new day at midnight." the cd and i havent become best friends as of yet, but what ive heard so far is pretty good. he kinda steps it up a notch on the electronics, but he pulls it off well in my opinion. content is slightly darker than his last album, and he pulls that off well too. the cd doesnt come out in the US until november 5th, but heres a hint: it came out in ireland 10/25, and many irish hipsters are on KaZaa.
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ccr152 Posted - 11/11/2002 : 03:37:54 AM
yes i knew this, but id forgotten. thank you for reminding me.
PJK Posted - 11/06/2002 : 5:11:17 PM
FYI I just saw that David Gray is touring and will be at the Tweeter Center in Camden NJ on Jan 28....tickets on sale Sat Nov 9 at 10:00 through ticketmaster

I'm sure he is touring all over so if you are interested check out ticketmaste for your area.
Ccr152 Posted - 11/06/2002 : 3:54:26 PM
very well said, all of it.
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 11/05/2002 : 10:03:14 PM
I got this CD today, and off the bat, the first song, "Dead In The Water" really grabbed my attention. It may be the strongest song on the CD, but I haven't listened to the CD enough times yet to decide which is the best song IMHO. But as soon as I heard the first song I immediately thought this was going to be a great album, and I wasn't disappointed.

As for the darker material, sadly, David's father passed away while he was working on this CD, which no doubt influenced the material on the album. The song "The Other Side'" says "Meet me on the other side/I'll see you on the other side...etc.." and is almost definitely about the death of his father. Having listened to David Gray for some time now, and being an aspiring singer/songwriter myself, I felt I could really feel the feelings he was undoubtedly feeling while writing/recording some of the songs on this album, which is the kind of thing I love, and a huge inspiration to me, to aspire to move people this way some day with my own music. I love depressing music...even if I have nothing to be depressed about.

Another thing about this album is the fuller sound. There are no solo acoustic performances such as "Twilight" from Lost Songs or songs with simply bass/acoustic guitar and vocals like "Lead Me Upstairs" from A Century Ends. Every song has drums on it and/or keyboards/synths or the Groove Box sounds that I've grown to love.

Once again the vocal harmonies between David Gray and his drummer Clune are awe inspiring. The harmonies they come up with always boggle my mind. Live versions of "The Light" and "Lead Me Upstairs" blow me away every time. And there is no shortage of those harmonies on this album.

I would definitely recommend this album to any David Gray fan, or any fan of singer/songwriters in general. I think that David Gray is a big departure from much of the run of the mill studio-created pop that is out there today. He writes everything, plays guitar well, and sings his heart out every time. David Gray is everything I aspire to be as a musician and songwriter, and this album did nothing if not drive that point home even more with me.

Adam
Fluffy Posted - 10/28/2002 : 06:16:39 AM
Where there is post whoring, you are never far behind!!!
pcbTIM Posted - 10/28/2002 : 05:16:37 AM
What's going on over here? You started post whoring and didn't include me? I am shocked and appalled.
Fluffy Posted - 10/28/2002 : 02:37:19 AM
I refuse to comment on the grounds that it may incriminate me!!
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 10/27/2002 : 11:32:46 PM
quote:
Nothing wrong with being a post whore though.

I agree wholeheartedly.
Ccr152 Posted - 10/27/2002 : 10:44:50 PM
htg im listening to the song tetris by aphex twin right now and your animation was timed just perfectly with it for like 45 seconds.
Ccr152 Posted - 10/27/2002 : 10:21:25 PM
as you can see by my whopping 45 posts there is no way i could be a post whore, and ive been on the board for a year or so!
{=HTG=} Posted - 10/27/2002 : 06:11:59 AM
*cough, post whore, cough cough*
Ccr152 Posted - 10/27/2002 : 02:25:52 AM
badass
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 10/27/2002 : 02:20:56 AM
David Gray is my favorite musician/singer/songwriter of all time and is a huge inspiration to me. I cannot wait until November 5th.

Adam

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000