Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 for you

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Xar666 Posted - 09/30/2001 : 03:19:15 AM
nice
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
boognish Posted - 10/05/2001 : 3:29:42 PM
XP Pro is alright so far, but the dang XP Plus! pack doesn't install half the stuff if your video card is less than 16 megs... It also seems to like more RAM than 2K. I've got it running on an old laptop and an old desktop (PII 350's), but I don't think I'll be upgrading my Win2k machines to it, since I don't really see any major difference besides the funky interface. Performance on 2k is supposedly faster as well.

And about the 2k certification being replaced by XP, they have to release a server first. My NT 4 MCSE is gonna die at the end of this year... Guess I gotta get some tests in between now and then.

More importantly, I need to find out what is going on with the Halloween show... No more info from my friend at Loyola, and she's checking all the time. :(

-rob

Isaac Posted - 10/04/2001 : 09:12:35 AM
The problem i have with ME is the fact that THEY TRIED TO PHASE OUT DOS! I simply cannot exist with out at least some manner of command prompt, pig fuckers.

Isaac

"And when King Alexander saw the breadth of his domain he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 10/04/2001 : 12:36:49 AM
I haven't had any problems with Millennium edition. What kinds are you guys having?

-Jason-

Philosophy is a study that lets up be unhappy more intelligently.
James M. Posted - 10/03/2001 : 11:35:51 PM
hey kevin....i hear u on the millenium...i have the same shit...it...fucking....sucks
james

Dave S Posted - 10/03/2001 : 9:49:43 PM
I can't believe that WinXP is incompatible with SBL!...just as an estimate, about half of the new pcs that have been shipped by a major manufacturer in the last 2 years have been a version of SBL!, and this move by MS just doensn't seem to make sense. If it works with W2k, why can't it work with XP..

I'm happy just using an XP Window Blinds skin in W2k =D

ccrobinson Posted - 10/02/2001 : 5:26:34 PM
As an employee of Bill gates I gotta say XP is the shit, but as a tech, I also gotta say its the shit...
Dont worry about your certification though, there are plans in the works for a hybrid 2K/XP certification since there are so many NT4 certs that havnt been upgraded they arent about to make all Win2k certs go away...
.net is coming.....

Xar666 Posted - 10/01/2001 : 5:20:54 PM
hey now
KevinLesko Posted - 10/01/2001 : 4:23:17 PM
I just wanted to say that I am running on Millenium, so everyone please take a moment and feel sorry for me, because I have to restrat my fucking computer about 25 times a day!

Isaac Posted - 10/01/2001 : 4:17:31 PM
Ya know what pisses me off, i'm just finishing up my Win2k pro class and i'm gonna get my certification for that, then next semmester i do Win2k server, by the time i graduate though everything is gonna be XP or possibly something else after that. Fargin' Microsoft *gets struck by mysterious lightening boldt and dies*

Ah well I love Win2k so if XP is another step along the NT lines instead of ME then its all good.

Isaac

"And when King Alexander saw the breadth of his domain he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"
Reese Posted - 10/01/2001 : 2:25:50 PM
wanna cookie?

Xar666 Posted - 10/01/2001 : 12:00:15 AM
sometimes
Silky The Pimp Posted - 09/30/2001 : 10:34:06 PM
I've been thinking of getting it... any major praises/complaints other than the aforementioned ones?
-J

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000