Yak Addict

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2001 :  03:19:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2001 :  10:34:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've been thinking of getting it... any major praises/complaints other than the aforementioned ones?
-J

Go to Top of Page

Xar666
Yak Addict

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2001 :  12:00:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sometimes
Go to Top of Page

Reese
Try A Little Harder

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2001 :  2:25:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Reese an AOL message  Reply with Quote
wanna cookie?

Go to Top of Page

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2001 :  4:17:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ya know what pisses me off, i'm just finishing up my Win2k pro class and i'm gonna get my certification for that, then next semmester i do Win2k server, by the time i graduate though everything is gonna be XP or possibly something else after that. Fargin' Microsoft *gets struck by mysterious lightening boldt and dies*

Ah well I love Win2k so if XP is another step along the NT lines instead of ME then its all good.

Isaac

"And when King Alexander saw the breadth of his domain he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2001 :  4:23:17 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to say that I am running on Millenium, so everyone please take a moment and feel sorry for me, because I have to restrat my fucking computer about 25 times a day!

Go to Top of Page

Xar666
Yak Addict

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2001 :  5:20:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey now
Go to Top of Page

ccrobinson
Is Anybody Here?

11 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2001 :  5:26:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As an employee of Bill gates I gotta say XP is the shit, but as a tech, I also gotta say its the shit...
Dont worry about your certification though, there are plans in the works for a hybrid 2K/XP certification since there are so many NT4 certs that havnt been upgraded they arent about to make all Win2k certs go away...
.net is coming.....

Go to Top of Page

Dave S
Chatterbox

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2001 :  9:49:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Dave S an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I can't believe that WinXP is incompatible with SBL!...just as an estimate, about half of the new pcs that have been shipped by a major manufacturer in the last 2 years have been a version of SBL!, and this move by MS just doensn't seem to make sense. If it works with W2k, why can't it work with XP..

I'm happy just using an XP Window Blinds skin in W2k =D

Go to Top of Page

James M.
Chatterbox

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2001 :  11:35:51 PM  Show Profile  Send James M. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hey kevin....i hear u on the millenium...i have the same shit...it...fucking....sucks
james

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2001 :  12:36:49 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I haven't had any problems with Millennium edition. What kinds are you guys having?

-Jason-

Philosophy is a study that lets up be unhappy more intelligently.
Go to Top of Page

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2001 :  09:12:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The problem i have with ME is the fact that THEY TRIED TO PHASE OUT DOS! I simply cannot exist with out at least some manner of command prompt, pig fuckers.

Isaac

"And when King Alexander saw the breadth of his domain he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"
Go to Top of Page

boognish
Is Anybody Here?

5 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2001 :  3:29:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
XP Pro is alright so far, but the dang XP Plus! pack doesn't install half the stuff if your video card is less than 16 megs... It also seems to like more RAM than 2K. I've got it running on an old laptop and an old desktop (PII 350's), but I don't think I'll be upgrading my Win2k machines to it, since I don't really see any major difference besides the funky interface. Performance on 2k is supposedly faster as well.

And about the 2k certification being replaced by XP, they have to release a server first. My NT 4 MCSE is gonna die at the end of this year... Guess I gotta get some tests in between now and then.

More importantly, I need to find out what is going on with the Halloween show... No more info from my friend at Loyola, and she's checking all the time. :(

-rob

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000