Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Bela and DMB on SNL

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
victorwootenfan Posted - 09/02/2002 : 2:38:16 PM
I watched an old SNL episode today with DMB as the band, they played so much to say. Anyway as i was turning it on i noticed that bela fleck was playing banjo with G.E. Smith and the SNL band. He was there in the very beginning before the monologue, and at the very end credits. Confused the shit outta me!!! anyone else seen it?

"Set the gear shift to the high gear of your soul, you gotta run like an antelope, out of control" -Dude of Life
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
{=HTG=} Posted - 09/14/2002 : 10:03:38 PM
SPLAT* But seriously, I really have to check that out too.

"Oh come on boy think-what would Jesus do? He'd shake his head like an angry mother Smoke the boy and said I did what I could do." DMB-Raven
victorwootenfan Posted - 09/14/2002 : 8:24:46 PM
i also want to get the dvd "the day the bass players took over the world" something like that... the first all bass orcestra, and cameos of about a dozen fuckin' awesome bass players jamming on stage together...i toss my mayonaise at the thought of that!

"Set the gear shift to the high gear of your soul, you gotta run like an antelope, out of control" -Dude of Life
{=HTG=} Posted - 09/13/2002 : 4:07:57 PM
No, and I cant even find the Flecktones DVD either, and I dont want to order off the net. The only bass solo's i've seen Victor do are the ones for United, in the video.

"Oh come on boy think-what would Jesus do? He'd shake his head like an angry mother Smoke the boy and said I did what I could do." DMB-Raven
victorwootenfan Posted - 09/13/2002 : 11:22:34 AM
acutally i haven't! i really really am trying to find a copy of it locally, cause i don't like ordering stuff off the net. but soon i'm gonna get it. have you seen it?

{=HTG=} Posted - 09/13/2002 : 04:13:10 AM
Hey, VWF, have you seen Victor Wootens DVD, Live at Bass Day '99?

victorwootenfan Posted - 09/08/2002 : 12:59:48 PM
quote:

Victor Wooten is my favorite bass player too.

YAY!!!

LizT Posted - 09/03/2002 : 8:42:56 PM
Bela is very cool. I remember the episode on SNL but I missed seeing Bela. I got hooked on Bela and the Tones seeing them open for DMB at a bunch of shows a few years ago. Victor Wooten is my favorite bass player too.

victorwootenfan Posted - 09/03/2002 : 7:45:47 PM
It's like you couldn't actually hear bela's playing, but the randomness of just seeing him on stage with the G.E. Smith band blew my mind. I like had a convulsive orgasm seizure right there!

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 09/03/2002 : 12:28:51 PM
Yup, I'll bet that was pretty neat-o. I caught DMB on Letterman last night... again, of course... Pretty good.

pcbTIM Posted - 09/03/2002 : 03:25:28 AM
No.........but I wish I had.....

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." - George Bernard Shaw

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000